What's new

Dilapidation C&C

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
645
Reaction score
140
Location
WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went out of my hotel in China, trying to capture the street life. Unfortunately, there wasn't much to capture in the middle of the day near my hotel. I ended up looking for other things that also showed the city's atmosphere ... ended up looking at light and texture xD I processed this picture two ways -- was wondering which one you guys preferred. I enhanced the detail in the second one to bring out the peeling paint.


Dilap1 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr


Dilp2 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr
 
I like abstract photos portraying the process of oxidation - "rust", in other words - and out of these two I like the second better than the first, as the really rusty part is lighter.
 
Thanks. I shifted the lighting on the second one, and I agree with you. It brings out the rustiness as well :)

Any technical comments?
 
i would like to see the door alone with those abstract patches :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom