Dinner Time!

MommyOf4Boys said:
I chop up one onion and one bell pepper, saute in a large skillet with 4 tblspns of butter. I add my rue (you can either make it yourself with flour etc. or buy a jar of rue, or buy a package of etouffe mix - which is basically the flower and seasonings in a packet - i guess follow the directions on the packet - or i can give recipe for the rue if anyone wants it.) I then add two cups of water, a pound of peeled and cooked shrimp (sometimes I use crawfish tails). I then add a small can of tomato sauce, half a can of diced tomatoes, and a can of creamed corn (i hate creamed corn, but you cannot taste it in this.) I bring to a boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes. I turn it off and then let sit for 15 minutes..and whala, it is done!! Put over rice and yummmmy!!!
*copies down...*

MommyOf4Boys said:
Psssttt...dont forget to notice the Tabasco sauce in the background!!! LOLOLOL. I actually dont use any on mine, that was from my husband, I mainly use Tabasco sauce on my Jambalaya...hehehee
I'd never forget the Tabasco!

Mommy, can I have your rue recipe please? Not familiar with etouffe over here, so don't know what sort of spices/seasoning etc it needs. Love jambalaya though, may have to make that for my tea tonight. Last night was yaki udon, sort of Japanese noodle stir fry.

Yummy!

(I only once ever had Jambalaya in my life, that was in New Orleans, and of course I had to take a photo of the dish before I ate it. Later, back home, when I proudly presented my slides to the mildly enthusiastic family, my brother's very dry comment on that Jambalaya photo was: "Was this taken BEFORE you had it, or after...???" Brothers!)

To tell you the truth, Mommy, this little conversation from 12 years ago sprang to mind when I saw your etouffé --- but I do like the Peach Cobbler! You make some very sophisticated things for dessert over there! Wow! In my home --- erm --- we don't even have dessert. Ever.

I dont even remember what I ate tonight.......hmmm, let me think. Oh, thats right. I had a couple of burgers that werent all that great:(

Another day another dinner.
Thai.jpg

This time it's Thai Red Curry. With plenty of Cayenne Pepper, of course :D

You forgot the steamed vegtables!!!

I will add though that half a teaspoon of finely chopped red Chilli is good for some extra 'kick' :twisted:

*works in a Thai kitchen* <---- ;)

Xmetal said:
You forgot the steamed vegtables!!!

I will add though that half a teaspoon of finely chopped red Chilli is good for some extra 'kick' :twisted:

*works in a Thai kitchen* <---- ;)
Vegetables? Not sure I've heard of those! :lol:

I'll have to try the red chili next time :D

clarinetJWD said:
Another day another dinner.

This time it's Thai Red Curry. With plenty of Cayenne Pepper, of course :D

tut tut you made the rice all sogy. I have to keep curry and rice (anything and rice) separate. I don't mean different plates but I can't put curry on top of rice I find it wrong and weird...

LaFoto said:
Yummy!
... --- but I do like the Peach Cobbler! You make some very sophisticated things for dessert over there! Wow! In my home --- erm --- we don't even have dessert. Ever.

:stun:

:(

what a shame... sometimes i skip dinner completely and just have dessert... :mrgreen:

btw - joe, your food photos are awesome! i haven't had curry in years and that looks oh so good... :drool:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back