Dinosaurs, Motorcycle, Airplane, Parachutes,3D Glasses, Deserts and Bowling

Personally I love the shots and find it a little strange that these obviously high quality shots are receiving so much criticism. There's definitely some Photoshop-phobes on this forum that dismiss anything that's not easily digested by traditional standards as being "Photoshopped".

Awesome shots.

Personally, I love these shots.
While there has to be an interesting subject/composition to begin with, I see absolutely no problem with tweaking the pics afterwards.
Photoshop is as much a part of photography for me as taking the photo in the first place, but maybe that's because I've just started on my photography adventure.

At the end of the day, isn't all art subjective anyway?

I actually really like your style. I think you do have a uniqueness in your work that you don't see very much. And as for too much Photoshop, I was taught that the key to excellent photographs is one part taking the picture, one part Photoshop. That's the great thing about the 21st century. To each there own I suppose. That's just my opinion. Of course, I have no photoshop skills whatsoever, so it is neat to see what other people can do with their photos.

If other people's comments bother you, just explain your intent. Your not going to change their opinions, so just ignore it if you don't like it. Keeps things peaceful. It's just their opinion. It's getting a bit rude here, so let's just agree to disagree. :D

Great work, I'd love to see more. Keep on shooting.

Last edited:
LOVE the "style". keep it up and be sure to share more of your work!

-Mike

I, personally, love these! I really find the posts showing your before/after really fascinating. I'd like to see more of those, as well as more of your finished work.

I don't understand the harsh criticism you're getting here with these. Even your before photos that show no photoshopping are excellent and show that you've got skillz (yes, with a z).

Your finished products are great, too, and I don't think they're so 'shopped that they fall into the "digital media/graphic design" category, or whatever.

Great work, man... I wish I could crawl into your brain and steal your photo skills... if only it were that easy, eh?

I'm not a huge fan of major PP work. Although I have to applaud your Photoshop skills! I like number 5 as it seems the least manipulated.

I have a question though. What grown man bowls with a 10 lb. bowling ball? ;)

your language has just earned you a nice spot on my ignore list. Have a great time hanging out alone there.

:lmao:

people are funny. you came off pretty harsh in your first post, and did come off like a dick (i guess i'll join rian on your evil ignore list.)

i took a look at your photostream, and i really think you should pull back and not be too critical of photos...especially photos like rians that take creative thoughts and a lot of skill.

now im the dick. ignore me.

Awesome work................finally I'm not bored with the same ol' redundancy of the people section!

Seems like when some excellent work comes along people nit pick but then applaud on others work thats so-so (no one in particular I'm making a general observation-no one personally). One thing I've noticed about the forum- there is a little of a political undertone and popularity contest.

This is the digital age I love photoshop combined with photography. Call it what you want folks but this is pro quality work and very well executed.

I'm interested! You have a new fan RianFlynn:) Great work!

Last edited:
Wow.

Great work. I cannot believe the negative comments! I think it's great, even if they are PP'd. (You did say that they are "hardly Photoshopped", but I am not too sure... since the black and white checkerboards are seemingly shopped!)

However, that is regardless. You've created some great work, presumably for clients who were happy with it.

You did mention that the last two were hardly processed at all, and I think it shows since these are the weakest two of the batch. The last one, especially, is not really calling out to me. The highlights are too blown, and the false vignetting (something I am guilty of myself) is a little much.

Either way, post some more! I want to see MORE

your language has just earned you a nice spot on my ignore list. Have a great time hanging out alone there.

you are a dick, and you seem to know little of the subject, yet still commenting on it.

these shots are far beyond 90 percent of the work that gets posted here.

i like your work ... it seems that you are not a newbie at all ... welcome to the forum :)

Great job, man. Is that Lupe Fiasco? If so, that's awesome. One of my favorite artists.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back