Anyway....

100_2905.jpg

Bigger hrer

100_2906.jpg

Bigger hrer

100_2903.jpg

Bigger hrer

So umm, how many of yall had or still have one of these things :D

that was the camera that started it for me. it was, still is, my moms. i shoot nikon, though, now

I wish I had one.
I'm too young to know if this sort of design was considered particularly attractive when these were being made, but personally I can't get enough of these. It would be entirely aesthetic, and perhaps a bit of an affectation, but I wish more digital cameras were styled like this. I love the Epson RD-1, but it's a bit spendy for me.

I bought, and still have, one of the first Black Body AE-1's in Oklahoma. My son is currently using it. My wife has her AT-1. I sold my FTbn to get that one. Wish I still had it. Until my wife bought me the XTi I used an Elan IIe.

I wish I had one.
I'm too young to know if this sort of design was considered particularly attractive when these were being made, but personally I can't get enough of these. It would be entirely aesthetic, and perhaps a bit of an affectation, but I wish more digital cameras were styled like this. I love the Epson RD-1, but it's a bit spendy for me.

That design and color combination and/or all black (like this one here)where the style of all the cameras of the era. I too am too young to know if it was deemed as attractive or if just functionality, but I find them far more attractive than anything made today.

Truth be told, if more digital SLR bodies where made like that I might have made the disition to go digital some time ago. Back when I was appointed Administrator of PL I had seriously thought about switching to digital but did not, one of the small handful of reasons was simply because I did not like the feel of the cameras in comparison to my film cameras.

The camera depicted here in this thread is just what I said it is, Dirt common. You can get a hold of them in working order for under a hundred dollars, I paid $75 for that one back when I bought it. I'll be honest though there are more relyable bodies out there but that had not stopped the AE-1 from becoming one of Canons most popular cameras of it's era.

I bought, and still have, one of the first Black Body AE-1's in Oklahoma. My son is currently using it. My wife has her AT-1. I sold my FTbn to get that one. Wish I still had it. Until my wife bought me the XTi I used an Elan IIe.

Those are not easy to find any more, the all black AE-1 body. I have seen only one in my life. I kinda wish I had that instead of the silver. Speaking of the FTbn, I was looking at one of those for sale reasently lol.

Yup have the same one with manuals and leather case along with the retro multi color kneck strap

:( My original strap and case are MIA, I had to steel the ones from my EF when I needed to use it. Well not the case...the EF was in there waiting for batteries lol.

-------------

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back