dirty beaches

afoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
one of this things i don't like about vancouver is how much stuff washes up on the beaches. so when i'm trying to take a shot that nice and minimalist, theres just a whole lot of shells and seaweed and rocks and dog footprints everywhere!

i would love some c&c on this shot.

is the stuff on the beach just to distracting? i did love love the sky that night, and i do like the shell in the foreground, but i'm just not sure if the rest is distracting.

jer_02 by abbye dahl, on Flickr

Love the sky and the shells, I would Photoshop out the larger pieces of garage.

Depends on what you're trying to convey. If it's the beauty of the sky and the shells, better to have found another spot. It you were after a comment on people destroying natural beauty, you got it.

P.S. The sky looks a little burnt out in the center.

It is a beautiful shot. I actually think you got a really good point across here with your image leaving it the way it is, trash and all. I agree with Ken though, you might be blown in the center on your sky, but other than that I really like this image.

love the sky but I understand about the shells.

well the tough thing is its not garbage on the beach, its just leaves and broken shells and stuff, so it doesn't really make much of a statement about how we don't treat the planet well as its the oceans fault its so full of seaweed...

Abbye; what you've got here is a story.

I rather like this shot showing the contrast and similarity between sky and beach. The normal beach detritus is as much of our world as the sky with its not-quite-pure blue color.

It works for me.

I really like this shot, the line of shells etc lead you right to that gorgeous sunset, even if it is a little blown out in the middle!

Most reactions

Back