DIY Diffusive Refractor For Macro Photography - And Discussion

Mighty impressive.

Shot #2 post #2 is particularly stunning.

A very interesting read as well.

Thanks guys! Be careful tho... egg me on and you may create a monster. :D

Very interesting and might help out my jewelry photography. It seems as thought the white plastic gave the most even light distribution. It is hard to tell, but it looks like you are using the on camera flash, no?

My problem is mostly white balance. I think that because jewelry is so shiny it flashes light back into the lens throwing everything off. I am getting better though.....I will be cutting some plastic tonight.

You didnt figure out a way to attach to camera did you??

Freedbaby

great post Bifurcator. Very nice of you to put so much time and effort in this post. Interesting to see the difference between the different diffusers.

Very interesting and might help out my jewelry photography. It seems as thought the white plastic gave the most even light distribution. It is hard to tell, but it looks like you are using the on camera flash, no?

My problem is mostly white balance. I think that because jewelry is so shiny it flashes light back into the lens throwing everything off. I am getting better though.....I will be cutting some plastic tonight.

Freedbaby

Well stones, and especially diamonds are very tricky for digital I would imagine. http://tesselator.gpmod.com/Images/_Text/TPFBS.txt

Last edited:
Fantastic! Thanks for posting Bifurcator.

Thanks Rhubarb!

great post Bifurcator. Very nice of you to put so much time and effort in this post. Interesting to see the difference between the different diffusers.

Thanks Daan, I wish I would have had a SoftBox to test out too. You get great results!

Thanks all, I appreciate all the appreciation! :D

Freedbaby
Sorry, I missed that last sentence!

I would imagine that if you want hands free operation of this and you're working off a table or stand that just some bailing wire wrapped around the right parts of the tripod and a few well placed holes in the plastic would do the job. If you're not on a pod I guess some tennis racket "grip-tape" around the right part of your lens barrel (don't worry there's no glue or sticky on grip-tape) would allow you to use the wire directly on the camera.

I definitely want to see or hear about the results after you have a go at it!

http://tesselator.gpmod.com/Images/_Text/TPFBS.txt

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back