DIY Flash Diffusers

curtiswheat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photobycurtis.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a little disposable Flash Diffuser I just designed and cut out of E-Flute corrugated. Seems to work like a champ with vellum paper placed in front of it.
Cant wait to get home and test a few colored pieces.

This is not a photo just a rendering of the folded version.

2201735351_29fa0f0be0.jpg

Looks good so far. I'd like to see how it attaches to the flash. Also, if you could put in an intermediate layer of vellum, it would probably work much better to soften the light (although that would lower the output).

Panty hose also work a treat.

I think that 2 layers of diffusion would work best.

I have discovered when disassembling an LCD display, that they have several layers of Fresnel lenses between the backlight and LCD, to defuse the back light. They are thin plastic sheets. My MacBook had 4 layers I think. (I am much more careful with drinks now).

If you can find a broken display, I think that some of the lens sheets would be interesting to try.

I think that 2 layers of diffusion would work best.

I have discovered when disassembling an LCD display, that they have several layers of Fresnel lenses between the backlight and LCD, to defuse the back light. They are thin plastic sheets. My MacBook had 4 layers I think. (I am much more careful with drinks now).

If you can find a broken display, I think that some of the lens sheets would be interesting to try.

But fresnel lenses focus light, they shouldn't diffuse it. :confused:

Most reactions

Back