Do i have the right to be angry here

I grew up with the attitude that if you are going to spend alot for something you better be good at it.
Sometimes poor quality tools do limit people's capabilities. But it's apparent from the images presented in the folio that the quality control is indifferent. Having the pro gear will accelerate learning if the user hangs out with skilled operators and is keen to learn and apply the know-how they share. If not, well then it's just throwing money away.

Last edited:
Well, I went to his portfolio and looked through his kid pics...but it was this shot of the piece of concrete re-bar and brush that convinced me, he's got mad skillz...

Unlimited Photography's Photos - Portfolio | Facebook

A certain Trevor Swain was obviously impressed by it :lol:

OP; I don't think you have the right to be mad, it's not like he's broken any rules or laws. If people want to pay him, then that's their bad choice and they'll regret it. If you feel jealous then set up shop as well and try and run him out of business :lmao:

don't hate the player, hate the game
badteeth.gif

It isn't worth the the time or effort to care one way or another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I went to his portfolio and looked through his kid pics...but it was this shot of the piece of concrete re-bar and brush that convinced me, he's got mad skillz...

OP; I don't think you have the right to be mad, it's not like he's broken any rules or laws. If people want to pay him, then that's their bad choice and they'll regret it. If you feel jealous then set up shop as well and try and run him out of business :lmao:
Trevor is our boss and he still thinks hes a teenager in a metal band. These 2 are friends. As for my jealousy it is only for his determination but his arrogance claiming that he is very skilled angers me. It makes good photographers look bad. I dont want to set up shop i still need to do some apprenticing with local pros. I want to be so good that people look at my photos and actually feel something. I dont want to make money i want to make art. I want to be remembered even if i dont make a penny. Thats just me though to my coworker photography is just another money pit to him. Oh well one day i guess ill be good enough.

Last edited:
Get angry at something that matters, instead of this "issue".

the only thing i have to say is wtf. i just wish he see this post and kick you in the nuts for being jealous. he does what he wants and you shouldnt worry about his life. Its not like he is dangerous for people around him lol. Start worrying about you own photography before other people business and quit crying about it on the interwebz.

Last edited:

Trevor is our boss and he still thinks hes a teenager in a metal band. These 2 are friends. As for my jealousy it is only for his determination but his arrogance claiming that he is very skilled angers me. It makes good photographers look bad. I dont want to set up shop i still need to do some apprenticing with local pros. I want to be so good that people look at my photos and actually feel something. I dont want to make money i want to make art. I want to be remembered even if i dont make a penny. Thats just me though to my coworker photography is just another money pit to him. Oh well one day i guess ill be good enough.

How does this make good photographer look bad???? Bad pictures and bad business practices makes a photographer look bad. The only person who looks bad is him. You talk about him like a "coworker", not even a friend and yet you worry about his money? you have issues.

So I have been practicing photography for 2 years now and i love it. My work collegue decided he wants to go into professional photography. He buys a 1k sony dslr and takes an online course. He didnt even finish the course and now he has a facebook page up with some pics of his son and some pics of birds as his portfolio. Im mad that he has no experience with photoshoots other than his son and hes charging. Ive been wanting to go pro but my plan is to be a current pro's helper.Its been less than 5 months since he decided to take up photography. Im not sure if hes good enough i just dont want him to blow all his money on high end equipment and fail. I am a little jealous for his determination but im angry with his arrogance. What do you guys think

You have, no right!

the only thing i have to say is wtf. i just wish he see this post and kick you in the nuts for being jealous. he does what he wants and you shouldnt worry about his life. Its not like he is dangerous for people around him lol. Start worrying about you own photography before other people business and quit crying about it on the interwebz.
I'm his friend and I'm am very worried with his money spending. He told his wife he won his new camera. what are you like twelve you seem like you are.

I'm his friend and I'm am very worried with his money spending. He told his wife he won his new camera. what are you like twelve you seem like you are.

Well, i think you should tell his wife about his bad spending and all the lies.

How does this make good photographer look bad???? Bad pictures and bad business practices makes a photographer look bad. The only person who looks bad is him. You talk about him like a "coworker", not even a friend and yet you worry about his money? you have issues.

He charges less than other photographers so people will start thinking other pros are just over priced without looking at their work.

He charges less than other photographers so people will start thinking other pros are just over priced without looking at their work.

LOL, if you hire a photographer without looking at the picture this photographer produice well you deserve to get screwed.

Very broad and incorrect generalization. Kinda like saying "somebody tell Ford to shut down Lincoln. Soon as people realise Fords are cheaper, they'll stop buying Lincolns cause they're overpriced..."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back