What's new

Do i have what it takes

Miroslav's camera gives me hope...Interesting link
 
thetrue said:
I hope you stick around long enough to qualify for a pixmedic donation (if he does more...) If you keep practicing and improving, I think having a DSLR would help you by leaps and bounds.

That's what I was gonna say.
 
Honestly thinking about buying a used point and shoot with higher mp.. And sending it to ya.
Hey, sharper images than a phone at least. But, not saying your pics are bad:)
 
As nice a gesture as that would be there are several reasons not to.

1. I couldn't afford the customs charges on that, assuming your american.

2. I couldn't post process them because my phone is also my editor. So i wouldn't be able to learn how to fix that accidental mistake, or not worry about some other factor.

3. My learning now may be a steep curve but using only a phone is forcing me to learn better. Perhaps...maybe...something...there is that idea behind using a better camera will yield better results but isn't it about the person more than the camera.


Also i think using my phone is the reason i do have such a steady hand.


Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause
 
Holy crap! Where do you live that pasta costs more than a cell phone payment? That's nuts!
 
It's not clear what you mean by 'have what it takes.'

Yes, you can be a photographer.
Yes, you can take reasonable pictures.

Beyond that, no one can predict.
It's not magic, it's work, experience, skills and talent along with some bit of timing and luck.

Do it if you like it and expect nothing more than fun and self-satisfaction.
 
o hey tyler said:
Holy crap! Where do you live that pasta costs more than a cell phone payment? That's nuts!

Well, I mean, I sold my husband for my 70-200 f/2.8..... You gotta have priorities, man.
 
Lew answered my question with "It's not magic, it's work, experience, skills and talent along with some bit of timing and luck" ...but I have one more which keeps permeating through my dense skull...what do you think of your skills and why do you think you need our approval to continue?. Given the limited resource of a camera phone, shoot to your heart's content and do the best you can.
 
o hey tyler said:
Holy crap! Where do you live that pasta costs more than a cell phone payment? That's nuts!

Well, I mean, I sold my husband for my 70-200 f/2.8..... You gotta have priorities, man.

:lmao:
Now, that's a cold woman..but I understand, I truly understand...
 
Just because i don't have money now doesn't mean i didn't. I owned a small business which crashed this time last year...and can't get out of the phone contract anyway.

I suppose, approval, it's...

I'm not going to stop trying to learn, and part of that is the challenge that i'm using only a smart phone and some MacGyver-ing where i can.

It's getting a feel for where i am on the scale of where i could get to.

And getting more experienced opinions may help me redefine what i play with the most.
I'm still playing with macro lens add ons, like if i see a dvd player or pc in a dump, i'll still go over and rip the lens out to see how it works. And i don't have a lens yet i like. Though my xbox is dying so might rip that apart soon and see what sort of glass was used in it.
I do like shooting macro and i think i'm good at it so the comments about my first pic reaffirms this. Makes me feel i'm on the right track at least.



Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause
 
8thsinner said:
I'm still playing with macro lens add ons, like if i see a dvd player or pc in a dump, i'll still go over and rip the lens out to see how it works. And i don't have a lens yet i like. Though my xbox is dying so might rip that apart soon and see what sort of glass was used in it.

HUH????

DVD player? Xbox? Glass? What??

::confused::

I'm starting to have my doubts about this thread....

From the "do I have what it takes?" to the "I refuse to take your donation" to... Xbox glass???????
 
How are you getting glass from a VCR/XBox?? We still have our old VCR over here and it's got no glass whatsoever - only thing that's even close is the cover over the time display, and even that's plastic.
But - if you are looking for accessories for a smartphone, try photojojo.com. (Once you have funds.) They sell all kinds of fun add-ons.
 
How are you getting glass from a VCR/XBox?? We still have our old VCR over here and it's got no glass whatsoever - only thing that's even close is the cover over the time display, and even that's plastic.
But - if you are looking for accessories for a smartphone, try photojojo.com. (Once you have funds.) They sell all kinds of fun add-ons.
I see no mention of VCR in his post, however I do see "DVD, PC, and XBox mentioned.....all of which would have glass for the disc reader...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom