What's new

Do i have what it takes

8thsinner said:
I'm still playing with macro lens add ons, like if i see a dvd player or pc in a dump, i'll still go over and rip the lens out to see how it works. And i don't have a lens yet i like. Though my xbox is dying so might rip that apart soon and see what sort of glass was used in it.

HUH????

DVD player? Xbox? Glass? What??

::confused::

I'm starting to have my doubts about this thread....

From the "do I have what it takes?" to the "I refuse to take your donation" to... Xbox glass???????

You attach the lens from the reader to the camera on your phone. I've seen it done but I believe it was with an old CD player. Remember, those are optical disks we put in them players.

Nice! I have an old DVD player that I might tear up.
 
If I were starving a few nights a week, and I had an Xbox...I would sell that Xbox so I could eat. Just me though.
 
Well, I mean, I sold my husband for my 70-200 f/2.8..... You gotta have priorities, man.

....snap, it's all bout the glass XD
 
If items you import into the country come to you directly (as opposed to say through a shop) then there is every chance that customs will inspect the parcel and its label and might well charge you duty based upon what is in the package. Many mail services will still deliver the item, but it comes with the duty charge before they'll give it to you (they also typically add a processing fee from them for doing this).

The other option is that the duty send you a letter informing you about the parcel and asking you to pay to have it released so that it can continue on its path through the postal service.

The postal service website for your country should have more info on this and on the charges and most retailers selling regular items over boarders will also often note when items are likely to get a duty charge and of how much.

Wow sending money so I will receive my parcel. Holy crap that's new to me. So you mean to tell me ...you what my mind just went blank I'll be right back.
 
the flash on my phone will set off a slave and I have used tissue paper to soften the phones flash and I have used a pens cap to snoot it it worked good would work better if I worked at it more.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ 8thsinner: You don't need fancy gear to develop an eye. It helps, for sure, and there will be situations where no decent image is possible without the fancy gear. However, as long as you know your (and your gear's) limitations, and work within them, you should be fine. On this, and some other forums, we tend to have a fetish about the equipment, the ability to control it, and the associated post-processing. For those that have that access to the tools, wonderful. And yet, it is quite possible to do pretty decent imaging work without having all the bells and whistles. In the end, the image needs to engage the viewer, either by telling a story, or capturing a unique event, or creating what is in effect eye candy. And THAT ability is quite independent of the tools used.

My advice is for you to think what each image should convey to a viewer who is unfamiliar with the context of the image. Think about which elements are necessary, and which tend to distract or confuse. In general, the simpler the image, the easier it is to figure out what the storyline is or what we're supposed to look at. There are some basic tendencies in humans as far as looking at images is concerned: we tend to focus on the eyes first, then faces. If there is no person, then the sharpest or brightest area tend to catch our eye first. Where the eye goes after the initial "contact" is up to you, the photographer, in terms of providing elements that guide the eye within the frame.
 
Only you can answer your original question.

I could ask the same thing. Some might say yes, some might say no.


At the end of the day only your dedication to your passion will bring you success!





















Along with a great marketing campaign and business plan....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom