What's new

Do i have what it takes

Yes i meant the glass from the lens of the laser, this in front of the phone lens can yield good results in macro, well better than the normal macro modes anyway.

I looked into that place last night actually. But some of the reviews say the macro is a little too soft where as i would prefer sharper where i can.

I probably will try them at some point though.



Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause
 
HTC Sensation: ~$350 used + plan: >$60 /mo
Xbox 360: $200

Custom charges for receiving a new camera: $0 (sender pays)
Pasta and sauce: ~$5

Something is not right here.
 
HTC Sensation: ~$350 used + plan: >$60 /mo
Xbox 360: $200

Custom charges for receiving a new camera: $0 (sender pays)
Pasta and sauce: ~$5

Something is not right here.

Customs and excise and tax and handling charges for receiving gift marked items from usa = average cost 30 pounds.
Don't tell me what you don't know.

Sensation - free - 21 pound monthly
Again your jumping to conclusions...

Fortnightly food costs 30 pound...
Money left after basics, debts, rent etc etc 5 pound per week.

5yr old xbox about to die... i didn't say it was dead nor that i will kill it before it's time.

Not that its any of your business how much money i have or don't have.
If you cant simply respect my situation, at least do me the favour of keeping your opinions to your self concerning it.

I'm here to learn about photography not be judged in how i'm getting through a tough time.
Come back to me in a private message when you lose a business, a love and a home and maybe we can talk.


Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause
 
I don't understand I guess. I send and pay for shipping on a camera. And you have to pay to receive your mail???.... Never heard of that..
 
Yeah, i don't understand it either.
They started adding random charges to packages back about ten years ago. Now any package i've received has core with it's list of charges.

Eg, 25 pound to receive a kme sharpening system one month ago. And that was only from europe.

I guess they got away with it, made money and liked the idea,

A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned. Thats what governments are for, get in a mans way...

Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause
 
8thsinner said:
Yeah, i don't understand it either.
They started adding random charges to packages back about ten years ago. Now any package i've received has core with it's list of charges.

Eg, 25 pound to receive a kme sharpening system one month ago. And that was only from europe.

I guess they got away with it, made money and liked the idea,

A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned. Thats what governments are for, get in a mans way...

Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause

Well that blows. I get my mail for free.
I don't think it would be much in a small box, though...
 
Thats what i thought about a box eight by one and a half by one inches too last year..,wasn't...


Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause
 
Northern ireland.

Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause
 
Northern ireland.

Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause

He was asking Sami what country she lives in.

Also, why do you keep saying that? :lol:
 
KmH said:
What country do you live in?

In most countries mail service isn't free.
Here in the US part of the income taxes we pay goes to mail service.

Lol I know that... But I'm saying i don't have to pay to get the mail from the post office. Just to send mail.
I think he means he has to pay when receiving it.
 
I'm guessing part of it is what we (in US) refer to duty - he mentioned having received items from Europe of the US.
 
If items you import into the country come to you directly (as opposed to say through a shop) then there is every chance that customs will inspect the parcel and its label and might well charge you duty based upon what is in the package. Many mail services will still deliver the item, but it comes with the duty charge before they'll give it to you (they also typically add a processing fee from them for doing this).

The other option is that the duty send you a letter informing you about the parcel and asking you to pay to have it released so that it can continue on its path through the postal service.

The postal service website for your country should have more info on this and on the charges and most retailers selling regular items over boarders will also often note when items are likely to get a duty charge and of how much.
 
8thsinner said:
I'm still playing with macro lens add ons, like if i see a dvd player or pc in a dump, i'll still go over and rip the lens out to see how it works. And i don't have a lens yet i like. Though my xbox is dying so might rip that apart soon and see what sort of glass was used in it.

HUH????

DVD player? Xbox? Glass? What??

::confused::

I'm starting to have my doubts about this thread....

From the "do I have what it takes?" to the "I refuse to take your donation" to... Xbox glass???????

You attach the lens from the reader to the camera on your phone. I've seen it done but I believe it was with an old CD player. Remember, those are optical disks we put in them players.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom