Do you carry your camera?

Hereindallas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A quick question for everyone. Just out of curiosity, do you carry your camera with you when you leave the house or do you only take it when you know you are going to shoot?

I've just started with photography and at the moment I don't take my camera outside unless I plan on taking pictures however after been at several places now and thinking damn I wish I had my camera with me I think I may start taking it and even just leaving it in the car so its not too far away.

I personally take my camera almost everywhere I go, as I usually find that when I don't have my camera with me , there's always a great shot that I missed.
However, I think alot depends on the type of photography that a person does. I'm sure that studio portrait photographers who only do studio work don't take their cameras everywhere they go.
EDIT: I carry my camera with an assortment of lenses, tripod and other miscellaneous stuff in a backpack. Easier to carry around.

I pretty much take it only when I am planning on shooting. I need to get into "the zone" before I take any pictures, i've never had the "intuitive" photographer skill.

Nah, I only take it with me when I think I might want to use it.

Upon seeing numerous wonderful shots that I could have taken, and not having my camera with me: I vowed to take my camera with me every where. I just started this recently, and I'm so glad that I did!

I'd actually like to find a purse/bag that I could carry my camera and my essentials with me all the time. I'm trying to do a 365 project to become a better photographer so it would be nice if I had it at hand.

In a bag with the rest of my gear (except tripod, it has it's own bag), everywhere I go, it's always in my car unless I'm at home :) They are insured so if they get stolen I don't really care that much.

This camera bag, it's too small and I usually have to leave something out or have my flashes sticking out the top of it... On the plus side it's weather resistant :p

http://www.bjxbags.com/details.php?styleno=X110770A-BLK

Last edited:
My back-up body D80 usually gets thrown around my vehicles when i'm out and about.

I live in my truck for 6 to 12 weeks at a time then head home for 3 days, So i always have everything with me.
When home i always try to take it with me.

Upon seeing numerous wonderful shots that I could have taken, and not having my camera with me: I vowed to take my camera with me every where. I just started this recently, and I'm so glad that I did!

Good thinking Nicole! I always find that the time's I don't have my camera with me, I usually end up regretting it. :D

I made myself a smaller camera bag that fits inside of my (quite large) pocket book. It holds just my camera body and my favorite lens. If I'm doing something more serious I'll bring out the larger bag that I have that fits all of my lenses and equipment. My tripod has a nice bag that has a sling, which I can just throw in my truck and keep with me as well. :) It's super!

I often carry a fast 2.8 pocket camera or one with a long zoom when I go out. Major snowstorm shots can be effective and worthwhile. My other camera equipment may or may not be in my truck depending on where I am going.

skieur

I dont leave it in the car. You can ruin your equipment if you live in a cold area. If you have a really cold day, AA batteries can easily freeze and the battery acid can leak out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back