Do you consider this...art? NSFW Link.

Anyone notice that this off-site link is the first and only post by the OP?

I think the best work of art here was when the OP cut off a slice of SPAM and cooked it up so pretty that none of us has been able to stay away.
Who cares? It still makes for a good discussion. Just because it's their first post does not automatically mean they're spamming the forum either.

Last edited:
Frankly, if I could get a 5-page (and counting) response to a single post on a forum, I'd say "score!".

Nobody gets tired of looking at attractive people. That's just the way we're wired. Is it art? That's the perpetual debate, and there's no resolution. However, the button labelled "naked" is pretty large in our society, and all kinds of bells and noisemakers go off when that button is pressed. Which was the intent behind these, I think.

Who cares? It still makes for a good discussion.

Actually, I agree. There has been some very civil, thoughtful conversation on the topic. I think PGriz got my sentiment. There are a lot of posts here that get barely a response and this one is on page 5. I'll wait to see if the OP comes back for more discussion or more links....

funny, but wonder what the camera specs are, im always amazed these days by what they call art, it get stranger every day

funny, but wonder what the camera specs are, im always amazed these days by what they call art, it get stranger every day

Don't know what the camera specs have to do with this discussion. As for "art", it's the nature of it that artists are encouraged and expected to produce something "new" and "original" and "fresh" so all kinds of stuff gets tried. Much of that experimentation doesn't catch on with either the arts crowd or the general public. Some does, and becomes the new wave. Those who work and produce art in the same manner as what has been done before will be called "imitative", "uninspired", "tired", "cliché", etc.

Even on this forum, we get a fair amount of discussion about stuff that either is similar to existing forms and expressions, and stuff that veers into unfamiliar territory. How many times have we seen someone's beautiful sunset landscape be labelled "just another sunset". And then, we have people like Cris Crossley (@binga63 ) who produces amazing work by combining photography with digital manipulation.

Returning to the OP, the presentation of nudity in unexpected settings CAN be considered "art" in that it challenges our ideas of what is acceptable, but because the subject is an attractive woman, it's hard not to get the other bunch of buttons pressed, which have less to do with art and more with voyeurism. If the subject was a person (either sex) of average build, the question of nudity in public places would still be there, but with less of the leering aspect. And because of that, it would have been less interesting to the general public.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back