Do you ever stop learning?

Technical knowledge helps you to get that shot but if you cant see the shot you want then it makes everything you know redundant. I actually think that the technical part (while fun to learn) does actually play a very small part in photography, especially once it all starts to flow and your changing settings without even thinking, setting up the lights with right settings first time and not taking hours to do it. I often see people that use a P+S on deviantart and other sites whos pictures are absolutely amazing and it makes me sick and also proves that technical knowledge does not come president.

Thats when it all becomes about the picture, about portraying what you have in your head so even if you do stop learning (which i doubt you will with such a plethora of skills to learn) there is still mastering your creative side which you can never stop doing, there is always another great photo out there, my challenge at the moment is creating photos with more meaning and emotion (i watched a program on tv making me realise i really need to work on that, i didnt quite get how much information is going through a great photographers head when they are about to press that shutter.) When i loose inspiration i always think just get off your lazy arse and go out, just anywhere, get in the car and drive. As photographers we have the wonderful job of showing the world our view through the lens, i would say that photography has changed my life, i cant walk anywhere with my head straight, i watch people and look at interesting objects, i look out for textures, patterns and shapes everywhere i go, i often find myself walking into people in town. The amount of times ive almost killed myself staring at the amazing sunset ahead instead of driving and i just cant understand how i never saw the world in this way, i feel like a child again in a way, and this is only after 10 months.

Sorry about the waffling i couldnt seem to stop typing lol!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back