Do you like this?

So whaddya think?

• Total voters

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's one of those photos i'm not sure about myself so I thought I'd open it up for general opinion... It was a candid I took while sitting in the refectory at University with my friends. It's had nothing done to it at all.

bobby.jpg

Comments please.

As of now, 100% of all posters in reply to your entry LIKE IT (i.e. me)!!!! :D

Well, honestly, I do.
It has expression.
It is a bit close-up, "a bit" as in "very", but that is ok. He must like himself, too, in this one. For he looks good. Doesn't make a fool of himself in this moment, just frowns. And the frown makes the photo.
What I like best, though, are the light reflections in his eyes.

The mans face looks stretched and elongated to me, probably due to the close view and vertical composition,I don't like the way his head is chopped off at the top and right either.
Just an opinion though, I don't shoot many pics of people.

hmmmm, you're now down to 50%, so in the interest of helping you maintain the current rating, i'll refrain from commenting. :wink:

Scurra I think it's interesting. It makes me wonder what he is looking at...what he is so focused on. The wrinkles in the top of the head are kind of cool too. Not bad...

I have a difficulty voting. It's ok. It sort of has a journalistic feel to it. I do like it but not enough to vote, so if there was a "It's ok" option I would choose that although to me it technically would be 'I like it' but I don't feel compelled to do it.

Sadly I don't have any suggestions :/ To me it's just not a strong subject unless there was a story or reason behind it that I knew of.

There's nothing wrong with it. The lighting is good, his expression is good ok. But I can't tell what he's feeling except he looks like he's paying attention to something.

I like your DOF and clarity on the subject. I think the crop adds intimacy. Maybe I'd like it more if I had any knowledge of the guy, the intimacy doesn't quite grab me like it might if he weren't a stranger. Your lighting is good, too.

Altogether, I'd have to say I like it! :D

^^^^^^ what she said. I really like how you can't really tell what this person is thinking so it kinda makes you feel closer to him. (if that makes sense). Is he at the hospital waiting to be a parent? Is he just watching a football game on the t.v.? It keeps me guessing which to me is like when a picture keeps you looking at the picture for clues.

hobbes28 I'd wager a fair amount of money that no one would be able to guess what he was frowning at... It was a genuinley bizarre sight for a lunch hall.

Most reactions

Back