Do you like to box? C & C please

mc1979

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I figure I don't post enough pics to get critiqued on and I am never going to learn anything if I keep that up. Here's 2 of my Boxer, needless to say she is my baby.
My computer has gone wonky, I think from having too many pics on it, so these are not SOOC, but close to it. I sharpened, adjusted the brightness, and did a little contrast. Oh and of course cropped.
What I was trying to get down here was my focus. I think I accomplished that, what do you think? Any other comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Aubrey 004 by mchatham79, on Flickr

Aubrey 002crop by mchatham79, on Flickr

Great photos, although IMO I think you filled the No.2 photo with a lot of boxer. Beautiful animal.

Bogey, I was thinking it might be too much crop, the original had lots of head room. Thanks for commenting.

Anyone else?

the original had lots of head room.

I'm going to assume, based on your use of "had" vs "has", that you no longer have the originals? You should always edit a duplicate and keep the original unedited.

Malone, I do have the original RAW file, always keep it.

Ah, good. For the 2nd picture, the dog is a bit overwhelming in it. I think a different crop would be more pleasing.

Beautiful dog, btw! I'm a sucker for doggy photos. Mine won't stay still long enough for me to get pictures of her really. She doesn't like the little noises or the lights. :lol:

I think you are right, here is the alternate. And thanks for the compliment. She is used to me taking her picture. She minds really well, so I can tell her to sit and she does..she got so bored yesterday she finally laid down LOL

Aubrey 002 by mchatham79, on Flickr

The side of my house makes this ugly to me..that's why I cropped so tight, but I'm sure someone could do a better job at it!

I like the crop on number 2 better. The siding is distracting and I see why you cropped it the first time. I would try to get more distance between your subject and the background. You will get more pleasing bokeh.

Thanks Jake, I wasn't even thinking about that!

Most reactions

Back