Do you make your own desktop backgrounds?

samal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone here takes pictures for your PC desktop wallpaper? Not just using one of your photos, but making an effort to create a background as a purpose?
Am I weird? :) I was sitting at my desk today and got bored looking at my desktop background on the screen again. I was about to log on to digitalblasphemy.com and get something new or browse for a good picture of a motorcycle as usual, but decided to make my own. Quick look around the desk found a blank DVD-R and on of those little bags of silicon balls that are included in electronics packaging to absorb the moisture.

The desk lamp provided the lighting and here is result - my PC got the new look!

20090409IMG_8836Edit-vi.jpg

20090409IMG_8859-vi.jpg

I have never actually shot a photo for my desktop. I usually just use a random photo or use one from one my frequented site when they make a new one.

I might have to take this on...

Cool drop!
i am having bad case of acute needtoshootinis :) work and family don't leave time for hobbies now, so sometimes I have to get by what i see on my desk :)

I don't purposefully take pictures for my desktop background, no. Sometimes I use my own pictures and sometimes I find cool ones on the internet. All all normally automotive or boat related.
But I did get bored one night a few months ago and did this
gt3rsbackground.jpg

Took the picture at the Rolex Vintage Festival at Limerock Park in Connecticut.

But its starting to get boring so I need to find something new, or make something new.

I have Desktop Wallpaper Master which changes the wallpaper at intervals and simply use my photos. I've never set up a photo specifically for creating a wallpaper. Most of mine are of the kids/family/dog.

Cool pictures i love the 1st one with the lights... pretty neat i'll try this challange and post sunday night

I used to always just use one of my favourite photos as my background. Lately though I've just found images on the web to use.

For a while I was using this one:

IMG_4734Ec.jpg

The background for my PC is just a black screen. I don't really find it attractive for my PC to have a picture for a background because I"ve got random files everywhere.

My mac always has a picture of mine for the background. Leopard showcases the background really well.

i do find myself using my pics. its slightly gratifying. haha.
IMG_4753.jpg

my desktop background changes often, and is typically purposed to inspire laughter or remind me of something important =P

Most reactions

New Topics

Back