Does anyone else put there camera on a tripod too tight?

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And no, this isn't a joke. I had a problem, went out and bought a new tripod the other night. First time I put the camera on, go to take it back off the pin falls out of the top core plate for the tripod, look at the bottom of the camera I have that great little right around it that you usually don't see until after repeated tripod use. Put the pin back in, and the spring in the tripod. And it suddenly occurred to me. I have a issue overtighting .
Like a thermos, I put a drink in it. wife goes to take the cover off she cant. She yells at me "why do you screw it on too tight".

Same with the camera tripod thing. I have a tightening issue.

Simplest way to deal with this is to install an attachment plate. There are various makes and designs (usually linked to the type of head) but they allow you to move the camera on and off the tripod really easily. I'm using the Manfrotto base plate (not the best, but pretty easily available in most photo shops), and have various adaptors for use with my flash brackets, tripods, unipods, macro rails. etc. Then you attach the plate to the camera, and don't worry about screwing it on too tight.

Attachment plate is a great idea. The other thing to consider, hit the hardware store and spend a buck on a few lock washers. I had an older monopod that I mounted a ball head on and I never could get the ball head on there tight enough - so $0.18 and a trip to the hardware store later I toss a little lock washer in there and bam, problem solved.

Most reactions

Back