Does anyone own a Yashic A?

japmula

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
And if so.....I need help! Basically, I just got two rolls back, one showed up blank and the other, only 3 shots showed up totally too dark anyway.....should i consider getting a flash? If so, does it need to be camre specific? Or maybe I should just keep the aperture wide open the whole time??? and sacifrice depth of field...hehe...not that there is much anyway!....what do you guys think?

The shutter may not be firing. Are you using a light meter? or just guessing the exposure?

what do you mean the shutter may not be firing? I'm guessing. I know, I need a light meter, but kinda low on the dough right now, ya' know? =/
Well, I've had another roll that came out okay....maybe b/c they were outdoors?

Are you changing the shutterspeed and apeture? Those Yashica A's don't have light meters... so you'll have to use another camera or the sunny f-16 rule.

Hehe...not really, b/c of time...I've only started experimenting w/ this camera. It takes some patience, that's for sure. I mean, it's fun to work with, but yea...I want to get better results.

That's a really good idea...about using another camera's light meter....at least for the time being before I can afford a hand-held one. I don't know why I didn't think of that....I will deifnitely try that.

Hahaha....I also have to get into the habit of advancing the film after every shot...needless to say, I have a couple or double and triple exposure shots...=P

Hey, ya' live, ya' learn, right? Thanks for the advice VD!

Hahaha....I also have to get into the habit of advancing the film after every shot...needless to say, I have a couple or double and triple exposure shots...=P
In the short time I was using a Yashica D I did that a couple of times. Luckily with the 124G it wont let you shoot until you advance the film.

japmula said:
what do you mean the shutter may not be firing?

Open the back of the camera and look through the taking lens, open the aperture all the way, and trigger the shutter at 1/15th or 1/30th sec. Do you see light everytime? If not the shutter needs work. If it does appear to be working then you just really underexposed the shots, or possibly it's not advancing the film properly.

Well, I've had another roll that came out okay....maybe b/c they were outdoors

Probably much brighter lighting conditions.

Most reactions

Back