What's new

Does anyone want to edit my picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, she remove the link to her site in her profile for some reason. If you are resourceful, you can google Gigi photography Arkansas, and you'll find it. Be warned, it's not the Gigi photgraphy In Canada.

Whoa, massive dose of excessive vignetting and selective coloring. I feel kinda sick.


In all seriousness Gigi you reaaaally need to take a step back from all the excessive editing and just focus on getting better pictures straight out of the camera.
 
Listen here sweetheart, Honestly I remember when I first came to TPF I made a lot of stupid mistakes. Asking dumb lens questions that I could have done quick searches for etc. etc. and guess what I got a lot of smartass remarks. Did I get upset? no. You listen to what the guys like Bitter and Big Mike(who isnt present) say to you because guess what? they have been around for awhile! If you wanna post your pictures here so everyone can tell you your awesome! It aint gonna happen sissta! Ive got a little bit of a rude awakening for you cuz Ima be honest your stuff is mediocre at best. There is a difference between being on here to learn and soak up every bit of knowledge you can and just coming on here to get applause and someone to edit your images. Im a student and I appreciate these guys on here how ever harsh they might be.
On that note. I applaud everyone on here that gives honest c&c on anything Ive posted and that anyone posts because lets be honest why are we even here? We are here to share tips and tricks and information so we as Photogs can progress our art. Not to post images and say "hey, do me a favor and fix this for me. They wont pay me my $25 bucks till I do" which is a completely different conversation.
and please take my comment with a grain of salt
 
I understand. I do need to back off some of the editing.
 
Do you have a tripod? That would probably help with the focusing and shaking issue. If not, i would definitely look into investing in one specially if you want to make a business out of photography...

Also just out of curiousity, do you give parents the edited version or the unedited version? or both?

Personally i think the edited versions could be fun for a bedroom or something, but for somewhere(or something) formal such as a living room then minimal editing would probably be more sufficient. Creative editing has it's place, just for professional i would tone it down. You could even make some money out of it and charge extra if they want some creative editing that you seem to be into.
 
Why is this still going on... what's the point?

It's not even entertaining to read anymore, it's gone too far. Enough already..

Did you report the thread and request a lock?
 
My boss is back in the office today, so I dont want any excuses not to work.

Besides, I should of called in sick...too many photos to process sitting on my hard drive at home. If only I could convince IT to install photoshop on my PC here...I'd even take Elements
 
Yes I requested it locked last night when someone said to sell my camera and then go kill myself...enough is enough.
 
I came here to learn more about lighting and everything else there is to learn.

I havn't read this whole thread.... I picked up the first page, and then these last two...

If you are here to learn... then you need to do a better job at accepting criticism.... even the harsh and rude criticism. The God's honest truth, the best criticism you are going to get is the hardest to take. If you can't take it with a grain of salt and learn from it... you won't learn at all.

The best advice you could have gotten, and to which I agree with 100%, was the first reply you got.

"It would be easier and less time consuming to try and do it right the first time"

The picture you posted, really isn't very good... grossly underexposed. Exposure is the absolute #1 priority in taking a photograph... if you F up the exposure... everything else is useless. And the photo you posted has a F'd up exposure.

Get the picture right the first time, and then worry about processing.
 
Lets shut this down. It is only taking away from all the other threads.
 
Sure hope you paid for that copy of Photoshop.

Really? Who doesn't pay for it?
Adobe has stated 1/3 of Photoshop users have a bootleg copy of the software so there is a 1 in 3 chance anyone's copy of Photoshop is stolen.

Photoshop writes info from your copy of Photoshop to every image you edit with it.
 
Can't.... stop.... reading.....
 
Gigi, I just read the entire post. Please, please don't let anything discourage you from continuing photography. While some of these guys are giving you constructive criticism there is no doubt some egos... and just as bad people replying with pointless, unconstructive, rude posts. Btw, I'm a Christian myself:)
 
Thank you! Then you know as well as I do that there is a nice way to put things even if it's something you don't want to hear. These people have seen very little of my work and they want to judge me on things I've asked help on. I'm new to photography that's why I'm here. I do have a different creative take on some of my photography and my customers do love it. So I'm not worried about what they say anymore. I'm booked all next week. But thank you for letting me know that there are other good christian people on here.
 
Woohoo! It's a christian coalition!

...yeah, that is what I'm talking about. I'm sure you got some great advice on photography but that comment was unnecessary. In fact I would like some critique from you on my photos if you'd like.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom