Does buying a camera make sense if I have a smartphone?

Thank you for the response. Could you please specify which camera you have exactly? I’d love to take a look at it. I couldn’t find the Nikon D100 selling anywhere in my country unfortunatelly.

I was just using the D100 as an example. I do have one and use it for my small product setup. It is more than enough for internet photographs. It is a 20 year old model and is considered hopelessly obsolete by camera enthusiasts. But it will outperform a cell phone camera. I'm not recommending it. I'm simply providing an example of how to find a DSLR and lens (in the U.S.) within your budget. Since you ask, here is an image of my D100:

d100.jpg

d100.jpg

Thank you for the response. Could you please specify which camera you have exactly? I’d love to take a look at it. I couldn’t find the Nikon D100 selling anywhere in my country unfortunatelly.

I was just using the D100 as an example. I do have one and use it for my small product setup. It is more than enough for internet photographs. It is a 20 year old model and is considered hopelessly obsolete by camera enthusiasts. But it will outperform a cell phone camera. I'm not recommending it. I'm simply providing an example of how to find a DSLR and lens (in the U.S.) within your budget. Since you ask, here is an image of my D100:

d100.jpg

d100.jpg
I was talking about that Panasonic of yours, which one is it?

ZS40. It is a discontinued model but still available on Amazon. It has a 18MP sensor but a small one. It provides the normal PSAM exposure modes you would expect on any camera and, as I said, it records raw images. It should keep up with your cell phone.

ZS40. It is a discontinued model but still available on Amazon. It has a 18MP sensor but a small one. It provides the normal PSAM exposure modes you would expect on any camera and, as I said, it records raw images. It should keep up with your cell phone.

Hey, I was actually considering buying that one (it sells as TZ60 here in Europe), since Rudimaes recommended it. It shoots in the same resolution as my phone with all the advantages of a camera. It can even do 1080p 54fps video, which is exactly what I was looking for. I think I'll go for it.

I just bought my teenager this camera to take on holiday: Canon Powershot ELPH 350

Sensor won't be any better than a cell phone, but the glass is 25-300 versus a fixed 29mm on his iphone (all FF equivalent).

Cost: 199.00 US

It would depend on whether or not you would want a lens with it.

I assumed that the OP would, since it wouldn't be much use without one.

I agree but buying one of those cameras and a lens would exceed his budget. Hence the comment.

Well actually I've seen a lot of used D5100's with the kit lens go for around $250 on Ebay. Wasn't using the KEH pricing as a guideline.

This should take Out of This World Photographs !!
and it's only $6.99 on Amazon with free shipping.
41pzcVR58mL.jpg

Galaxy S5

Sony a6000
So that means that I have to add way more money if I want something that outperforms the phone, correct?

No, it means you either have to add money or choose something used. Your goal is to have better image quality and more user control. You can have the user control within your budget but the better image quality will require more budget or used equipment.

right, buying an interchangeable lens camera means buying more lens
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Most reactions

New Topics

Back