does photobucket suck?

AF44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i use the free photobucket service so i can link my pix and other stuff up to TPF and when i look at the pictures, the color balance and everything is off...

i think it is so whats the best picture host as far as keeping consistency and true color and everything?

You should add a poll to this thread so I can vote yes without saying that it sucks in thread. :D

Oops.. :p

I compare photobucket to a blackhole on the suck scale so, yes.

Wow, so it isn't just me. I've noticed the color alteration (they appear just a little washed out) but I thought it was only another binge of madness... :confused:

I use Photobucket and generally don't have any problems that i can see from my end. I make sure my images are within the max. size allowable, otherwise they get resized and perhaps that's where the problem lies?.. I do find however sometimes they can appear a little soft.

I've had no problems though, with service or speed etc.

i use the free photobucket service so i can link my pix and other stuff up to TPF and when i look at the pictures, the color balance and everything is off...

i think it is so whats the best picture host as far as keeping consistency and true color and everything?

The old saying "You get what you pay for." comes to mind. I'm sure you could find a better site. It might cost you some cash.

I don't mind Photobucket. It's good enough for my amateurish photography. :mrgreen:

Flickr is a good one. Also, make sure you're not saving your photo is A RGB and uploading them. That would definitely cause a problem if you're using one of the many browsers that doesn't understand A RGB

Black holes don't actually "suck"...

No, but vacuum cleaners do!

Try flickr - you can upload a fair amount with a free account. They do downsize your uploads for the web, but their algorithm is pretty good. But make sure you're images are in sRGB mode, or you will get weird stuff happening, since not all web browsers handle different colour spaces properly.

EDIT: Damn, VI beat me by 60 seconds! :)

I'm guessing the problem is with the color space. Read this http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/sRGB-AdobeRGB1998.htm

My personal opinion is to use the flickr ;)

ok so im guessing after reading this, uploading in sRGB is better than RGB?

if so, is that something i change on my camera or a setting on my computer that i change....

thanks for all the help

Am I the only one to sing photobuckets praise?
Never had any problems with them before, though I do resize manually - and then sharpen again after resizing. I don't use photobuckets auto resize as its too weak, photoshops built in is much more powerful and even that needs a little sharpen after anway
After that I have never noticed any loss of colour or saturation with the bucket.

My only reason for not going flickr is that when you upload you have to pay to make use of the maximum size of your photo - no matter the upload size - and since I am making big efforts to save all I can for photo kit at the moment the small fee (and is it not an outragus amount by any means) is not paid. - remember "every little helps"

I haven't had any problems with them (photobucket). Every picture I've posted on here is hosted by photobucket. If any of them are 'off' a little, I haven't noticed it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back