does photobucket suck?

Black holes don't suck. They warp time-space.
Actually they do draw matter into them as, well as warp the space around them. The matter they have taken in get ejected eventually and, show up in xray photos as spouts. And they are relly holes either, they are collapsed stars and, are actually solid so calling them holes is incorrect as well.

Flickr = 1024x681 @ 72 DPI
Photobucket = 1024x680 @ 300 DPI (sRGB)

Why are they different sizes and different DPI's?.. the Flickr one doesn't have any EXIF data, i don't know if that's the norm with flickr or not.

Just curious.

The differences in resolution are because flickr and photobucket both resize images when you upload. The differences in DPI mean nothing. Flickr has it set to the default for screen, and photobucket has it as the default for prints. Neither number is relevant for an image viewed in a browser.

Yeah just wondering.. i'm not sure i like photobucket anymore lol. I'll do a test.

Personal Site, FTP upload.
egg01-r.jpg

Photobucket:
egg01-r.jpg

They should be the same if photobucket is ok, photobucket never resized this image.

Last edited:
I wanna see dedicated routers for $150 to $200 or so that have a built in FTP and a compartment for a laptop HDD. Mostly they are always running anyway. Then everyone could host their own images. I've always hosted my own stuff in the past. I have complete shell control over the file and folder system and everything is lightning fast. In my case I use whatever machine I'm on most (usually) as I never turn it off. It's on 24/7. Anyway I think the router or cable modem embedded host thing is a good idea and even butter if it interfaces to our teeevooes. :D

Man these product designers are sloooow. :D

I wanna see dedicated routers for $150 to $200 or so that have a built in FTP and a compartment for a laptop HDD. Mostly they are always running anyway. Then everyone could host their own images. I've always hosted my own stuff in the past. I have complete shell control over the file and folder system and everything is lightning fast. In my case I use whatever machine I'm on most (usually) as I never turn it off. It's on 24/7. Anyway I think the router or cable modem embedded host thing is a good idea and even butter if it interfaces to our teeevooes.

Some problems with that idea.

1) Not everyone has unlimited bandwidth connection. If your photographs get popular you could end up doing a lot of bandwidth a month.

2) Leaving a computer on all the time unnecessarily is not an environmentally responsible thing to do. I know some people don't care about that but others do. (Of course, if you are serving your pictures 24/7 you could say it is necessary to leave the computer on but a TP shared host is probably a better solution in most cases).

3) Not everyone has the line speed necessary to host this sort of thing effectively. I know a lot of SE Asia and parts of Europe have very fast lines as standard but most other places don't.

You can have as much data control as you want with a TP shared host.

Most reactions

Back