What's new

Does this exist? Lightweight backpack with the ability to carry TriPod

ddbowdoin

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 23, 2010
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey all...

I haven't seen anything in my local shops and am just wondering if I am chasing smoke.

I am just looking for the following:

A backpack able to carry:
Nikon D80
Tokina 11-16mm
Nikon 17-135mm
Nikon 50mm

AND a tripod, I don't own any type of heavy duty tripod so its not a massive item. I don't care how the bag carries it, I just want to be able to strap it down, any suggestions?
 
most backpacks have strap at the bottom or the side of the backpack to hold tripod. You dont have that much stuff. I am sure most back pack will be able to carry all that.
 
My photo-backpack (Lowepro Computrekker) has a little flap that can fold down and has a pocket for a tripod. The top of the tripod attaches with some elastic cord. I didn't like this system, so I took the cords off and don't use the pocket. Instead, I have a separate tripod bag with a shoulder strap.

A better design for the tripod on the backpack, is where it attaches on the side, like the Lowepro NatureTrekker.
 
My photo-backpack (Lowepro Computrekker) has a little flap that can fold down and has a pocket for a tripod. The top of the tripod attaches with some elastic cord. I didn't like this system, so I took the cords off and don't use the pocket. Instead, I have a separate tripod bag with a shoulder strap.

A better design for the tripod on the backpack, is where it attaches on the side, like the Lowepro NatureTrekker.


Thanks for the heads up... I need this for a trip to Disney World, so I am just looking for ease of transportation.
 
Make sure that they will even allow you to carry a tripod into Disney World.
 
My photo-backpack (Lowepro Computrekker) has a little flap that can fold down and has a pocket for a tripod. The top of the tripod attaches with some elastic cord. I didn't like this system, so I took the cords off and don't use the pocket. Instead, I have a separate tripod bag with a shoulder strap.

A better design for the tripod on the backpack, is where it attaches on the side, like the Lowepro NatureTrekker.


I'll probably go with the flipside 200... the nature bag is a little big for my liking, I have minimal gear
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom