Doesn't have to do w/ photography, but still important.

So when he resets it you won't know what the password is?

Sledgehammer his fingers; that should keep him out. :mad:

<jk>

Shouldn't your brother maybe be getting his own internet connection? If one is thru the phone company, have the other one thru the cable company (or whatever's available in your area) in his name and he's responsible for the bill.

If he keeps pirating games and the service provider cuts off the service then let him be the one who's going to be spending a lot of time at the library getting school work done... (and why does he have access to your parents' credit card?? no wonder your mom wasn't too happy about this).

It would be a double expense to have two separate connections if that's even an option, and I thought instead maybe you could have it put in his name instead of yours, but then I suppose you both could end up with no internet connection eventually unless he learns to knock it off.

Sounds like someone fishing for a confession. I mean did anyone send you something official through the mail, something like a case and desist letter? Your ISP emailed you informing you of the situation, but did they give you some terms...confess or buy the game or go to jail,? I'm just trying to understand the hysteria.

When he reseted the router, I will go on later, while he's gone, and he configure the router, to my liking, set up the password I want, etc.

Vintagesnaps, WE don't have a telephone line or TV, we only have internet, from Charter, and it is a whole house that we have, not an apartment, I'm not sure if you can have two separate ISPs in the same house hold. But that is a good plan, for him to get his illegal games. The reason why we have access to my parent's credit card, is because we are authorized users on their account, my brother does have a debit card for his own personal bank account, but I have yet to see him use it.

Tail gunner, I didn't get an official notice asking to confess or that jail time may happen, what the letter from Charter did state was to try to find out who illegally downloaded the files, and to tell them what I have done to avoid illegal downloads from happening again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back