Dog Portrait for C&C

JoshC.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys!
Took this one today. Pretty excited with it. I think I nailed the focus and the composition is good. My mom loves it and wants it printed asap! Let me know what you think :)

ISO 1600, f/5.6, 55mm, 1/13 sec, handheld.
5409121968_288238d849_b.jpg

Focus looks great! The brushes in the background are pulling me away a little bit though. I think the rule of thirds would have worked well with his head a little to the left. There is a lot of emotion in it though.

Focus looks great! The brushes in the background are pulling me away a little bit though. I think the rule of thirds would have worked well with his head a little to the left. There is a lot of emotion in it though.

I concur...too much going on on the left hand side....otherwise nicely done

Thank you all!
Since I'm quite new to the Post Processing, is there anyway I can blurr them out?

I agree, the composition is too centered. I know you were trying to keep the paw in the shot, but I think it would look better if the brushes and paw on the left were cropped out. This would be the easiest solution.

If you want to try and get rid of the brushes it's as good a time as any to learn how to use the clone stamp tool in PS. Google it, there are plenty of tutorials on how to use this tool to get rid of annoying background elements.

Great job getting on the dog's level, and getting the eyes in focus.

Keep shooting =)

I agree, the composition is too centered. I know you were trying to keep the paw in the shot, but I think it would look better if the brushes and paw on the left were cropped out. This would be the easiest solution.

If you want to try and get rid of the brushes it's as good a time as any to learn how to use the clone stamp tool in PS. Google it, there are plenty of tutorials on how to use this tool to get rid of annoying background elements.

Keep shooting =)

This may be a stupid question, but is there a clone stamp tool in Lightroom? Because I don't have PS. Thank you for the advice, much appreciated!

what a nice compelling pet portrait.....it's not often you see both the muzzle and eyes in focus.....

the background really doesn't bother me too much.....cuz, i'm drawn to those souful eyes.....

nice work

what a nice compelling pet portrait.....it's not often you see both the muzzle and eyes in focus.....

the background really doesn't bother me too much.....cuz, i'm drawn to those souful eyes.....

nice work

Thanks a bunch! Thats how my mom feels!! hahaha :)

Keep shooting =)

This may be a stupid question, but is there a clone stamp tool in Lightroom? Because I don't have PS. Thank you for the advice, much appreciated!

There isn't really a clone stamp in light room. There is a spot healing tool, but i'm not sure how well it would work for large areas.

The healing brush in Lightroom also has a clone function. You can either heal or clone with it but I prefer to clone in PS

I am in love with this shot! I wish my dogs would behave well enough for me to shoot them. This is an amazing photo! Keep up the great work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back