doing a modeling shoot

bpro35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok so on friday i am going to do a shoot with a close friend of mine and im looking for pointers. ive never done this befor. so any advice is good. please and thank you

My advice, buy a good book.

I just got this one and it's pretty good.

Amazon.com: Posing Techniques for Photographing Model Portfolios: Billy Pegram: Books

You might also make sure you understand lighting and exposure pretty well. If you don't, things won't look so sharp.

Oh, and I hope you at least have a good reflector and some strobes. Even in broad daylight not using strobes gives less than ideal results.

Given we don't know anything about your experience level, you're kind of on your own. :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have fun and relax. Since you are friends, that shouldn't be hard to do. But don't get stressed, it will reflect on your model and therefore back into your photos. If outdoors, buy a sheet of foamcore if you don't have strobes. That way you can bounce some sunlight to fill in some shadows on the face.

I'm a noob too, but I suggest you get a small book. If you don't know much, then you don't want to be overwhelmed. Start small.

At least, that's what I did. I got a HUGE photography book, and thought, "I can never do that!" But then I got some free manual from Nikon, and a few websites, and thought "Okay, I can do that."

And don't be afraid to take your book with you. Unless you're trying to impress this person, who cares?

Most reactions

Back