Doing Real Estate photography

So I'm currently looking at houses, because I want to buy one, even though I can't afford it, but I still like looking at them.

I regularly look at the site Zillow, I've noticed that a lot of the houses in my area don't have the best of pictures. If you'd like to look click here: 54481 Real Estate - 134 Homes For Sale | Zillow

My coworker, thinks that it would be a great idea to lend my time as a photographer to take pictures of the houses that are for sale. I am interested in doing this, but I did just recently get into photography, and don't have that much experience, and I don't have any in real estate. I do suppose I could practice on my own house, as well as my parent's house.

What kind of things does it take to get good at real estate photography, should I use additional artificial lighting, or stick to natural lighting, and the artificial lighting that comes with the house, like ceiling lights, etc (which would show the lighting capabilities of the house)

What are some good lenses to use? I have a Canon Rebel T5, a 43" 5-in-1 reflector, that comes in the colors White, Gold, Black, Silver, and Translucent, and I have a Manfrotto tripod. As for lenses I have a EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, a EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III, and a EF 50mm f/1.8 II Standard Lens
Lenses for real estate ..... out of a dozen lenses that I own the list of lenses below would be my first line up of lenses to do real estate photography.
TSE 17mm f4 L
TSE 24mm mk I or mk II
I might take one or two photos with a 8 mm fish eye depending on the home and the view.

I would think that most lenses 35mm or below would work.
I own a EF-S 10-22 mm for my t3i and hands down I would use either of my TSE lenses first on either camera bodies I own T3i and a 5Dmk II.

I do room interiors with a 22/f2 lens

it's all about image quality .... with a $50 lens !
, on Flickr

If you get a chance, try a TSE 17 or 24mm lenses .

OK, I may take a chance but I gotta believe those tilt shift lens could cost more than $50
just a hunch
23774704624_50c537642f_b.jpg

2 shot pano

I don't know what the issue is about 50 dollar lens is........
And I fail to see the issue of some one suggesting using a TSE lens to do real estate photography.
And its not my fault that The TSE 17mm and 24mm lenses are better glass then the Ef-s 10-22mm ......lens .
I never said the UWA 10-22 EF-s wouldn't work.
But I wouldn't consider the 10-22 lens as my first choice of real estate photography...

So I'm currently looking at houses, because I want to buy one, even though I can't afford it, but I still like looking at them.

I regularly look at the site Zillow, I've noticed that a lot of the houses in my area don't have the best of pictures. If you'd like to look click here: 54481 Real Estate - 134 Homes For Sale | Zillow

My coworker, thinks that it would be a great idea to lend my time as a photographer to take pictures of the houses that are for sale. I am interested in doing this, but I did just recently get into photography, and don't have that much experience, and I don't have any in real estate. I do suppose I could practice on my own house, as well as my parent's house.

What kind of things does it take to get good at real estate photography, should I use additional artificial lighting, or stick to natural lighting, and the artificial lighting that comes with the house, like ceiling lights, etc (which would show the lighting capabilities of the house)

What are some good lenses to use? I have a Canon Rebel T5, a 43" 5-in-1 reflector, that comes in the colors White, Gold, Black, Silver, and Translucent, and I have a Manfrotto tripod. As for lenses I have a EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, a EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III, and a EF 50mm f/1.8 II Standard Lens
Lenses for real estate ..... out of a dozen lenses that I own the list of lenses below would be my first line up of lenses to do real estate photography.
TSE 17mm f4 L
TSE 24mm mk I or mk II
I might take one or two photos with a 8 mm fish eye depending on the home and the view.

I own a EF-S 10-22 mm for my t3i and hands down I would use either of my TSE lenses first on either camera bodies I own T3i and a 5Dmk II.

, on Flickr

OK, I may take a chance but I gotta believe

And I fail to see the issue of some one suggesting using a TSE lens to do real estate photography.
And its not my fault that The TSE 17mm and 24mm lenses are better glass then the Ef-s 10-22mm ......lens .
But I wouldn't consider the 10-22 lens as my first choice of real estate photography...

sure, that $2,000 TS lens is going to be better than a $50 pancake lens
the OP with his T5 could make big bucks in the lucrative real estate photo market

TSE 17mm f4 L
TSE 24mm mk I or mk II

, on Flickr

OK, I may take a chance but I gotta believe

sure, that $2,000 TS lens is going to be better than a $50 pancake lens
the OP with his T5 could make big bucks in the lucrative real estate photo market

Most reactions

New Topics

Back