Donated Lens Photos 2

Noob won't comment on technicalities of your pics but you def have an eye for art. I checked out your site previously and appreciate your talents.

so..does all this positive reinforcement mean we will see more from the 70-210? :mrgreen:

so..does all this positive reinforcement mean we will see more from the 70-210? :mrgreen:

Ha! Well, positive reinforcement is an effective motivating factor, and I love it as much as anyone I suppose. However, people could probably say my photos were crap and I'd still want to go shoot, though perhaps with more reflection on their reception than usual. I mean, I enjoy and appreciate praise like anyone else, and I re-evaluate my skills and artistic vision as the feedback warrants. The process and product of photography, for me, address a deep, personal expressive need. I really appreciate this forum and the help and ideas of the members, the good and the not so good, the informative and the entertaining, the replies that make me challenge myself and think beyond the ordinary comfy space. So, yes. You'll see much more from this lens.

Odd numbers and angles inherently create visual tension. Cutting one off just looks like a goof.

Thank you. The more I look at it with that perspective in mind, the more I see awkward intention. Not really "goof," since that makes me think of a blunder, and I gave it enough consideration to rule out blunder, but poor design easily. Kind of like a Rebecca Black song, but without the charm and staying power. Oh, that's a lovely analogy.

The viewer may see it as a goof, or blunder, regardless of artists intentions.
Images, or any forms of art for that matter, are not always accompanied by an artists statement.

It's difficult for artists to look at their work objectively. They often can't get past their intention, to judge whether or not the result was successful.

Here, I felt the need to give my opinion, that if you were going for visual tension, you had it with two elements of design and composition: odd numbers and angles. To suggest that it was misguided to cut off one of your key players.

I will also contest that the warm quality of the light effects the mood, rather than transforming a hard, geometric, repeated shape in a rigid grid pattern into something "organic."

Light = Mood
Organic/Geometric = Shape or Form

Odd numbers and angles inherently create visual tension. Cutting one off just looks like a goof.

Thank you. The more I look at it with that perspective in mind, the more I see awkward intention. Not really "goof," since that makes me think of a blunder, and I gave it enough consideration to rule out blunder, but poor design easily. Kind of like a Rebecca Black song, but without the charm and staying power. Oh, that's a lovely analogy.

The viewer may see it as a goof, or blunder, regardless of artists intentions.
Images, or any forms of art for that matter, are not always accompanied by an artists statement.

It's difficult for artists to look at their work objectively. They often can't get past their intention, to judge whether or not the result was successful.

Here, I felt the need to give my opinion, that if you were going for visual tension, you had it with two elements of design and composition: odd numbers and angles. To suggest that it was misguided to cut off one of your key players.

I will also contest that the warm quality of the light effects the mood, rather than transforming a hard, geometric, repeated shape in a rigid grid pattern into something "organic."

Light = Mood
Organic/Geometric = Shape or Form

Your words give me much to consider. Thank you.

Bricks and Tubes, take two. I went back this evening and shot this. On tripod with self-timer, ISO 100, 1/80sec, f/8. C&C?

$7870043034_085547e4a8_c.jpg

7. (B&W conversion in PS)
$7870043574_94a415f60c_c.jpg

I am actually quite fond of 5.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back