What's new

Donating another lens. Nikkor AF-D 80-200 f/4.5-5.6 *READ CAREFULLY*

pixmedic5 5

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
15,490
Reaction score
7,889
Location
Central Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well, I cant let 480sparky hog all of the gear donating so...here we go again.
Me and the wife rescued another lens from the closet that isn't going to get used and decided to try and find it a good home.
for those of you who watched the last donation or two, you guys know the drill. for the rest, it goes a little something like this...
we are DONATING this lens. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or warantee, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. continental U.S ONLY.

The lens is in excellent shape. glass is clean, no scratches, haze, or fungus. everything works fine. one MINOR issue is the zoom sticks a little when zooming out from 80mm. not sure why, doesn't really seem to affect much. If you think its a serious issue that you cant work around, please don't ask for the lens and then complain about it later. seriously, don't. AF is good throughout the focal range.

the criteria for getting the lens is as follows:
1: you NEED this lens, meaning you DO NOT already have this focal range or reasonably close. (my call)
(having a sigma or tamron and saying you don't like it doesn't count)
2: you already have a camera capable of mounting this lens (no putting the cart before the horse)
3: you live in the continental united states (im a stickler on this one, sorry)

That's really about it, If I think of anything else I will add it in later. I will let this thread run for a bit until I find someone suitable, it looks like nobody wants it, or I get bored. I will try to check the board from my phone while im on shift, otherwise PM me since it goes right to my phone through my email alert. we would love to see the lens go to someone that has a body that can AF this lens, but we realize nobody seems to have those cameras that needs lenses like this, not being a Pro lens and all. Just be aware that it is an AF-D lens and will NOT autofocus on a camera that does not have the built in motor.

PM me with any questions.

-Jason

View attachment 14741View attachment 14742
 
You know me, I'll happily take it and give it a good home. Right now, I'll have to manually focus, but I already do with the lenses I am borrowing anyway. Until I get my D90. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have a D90. The only glass I have is my kit lens still. I need to get the training wheels off, so the little money I do have I have decided to buy an upgraded body vs. more glass.

The other two lenses I do carry are not mine, but ones I am borrowing from work, so I have to give them back eventually, as they have loaned them to me simply help me reach focal lengths I can't with the kit lens. lol.

Thanks for considering me.
 
Good man, Pix! :)
 
I would love to have this lens.

I have an F100 with the 28-80G so this would round me out really nicely.

Really nice thing your doing btw. I hope to collect enough camera gear to one day pay it forward like this.
 
I myself could also use this lens. About a year ago I stated my own photography business. I have since moved up to a D7000, 18-105mm kit lens, and a 50mm 1.8. Being a college student, I never have money for new equipment. Some of the sports games that I have done for free with the hopes of selling prints, I have had to borrow my sisters 55-200mm non VR. The funny thing is that she is not really serious about photography and I am the one borrowing equipment from her! So, I am not sure if I am worthy of a donation, but it would be going to a good home.

Thanks,
Jim
 
Even though I'd like the lens, I think the F100 is a good candidate. I always like to try to help out film shooters. :-)
 
1st and foremost, awesome you are giving someone a chance at some gear!

ok, here goes......well, im broke, love photography, and am always trying to learn new methods.

D7000, body only....just bought it likely why i am broke lol...

kit lense from my old d3000, 18-55 vr

prime 35mm nikkor..

i could use a zoom like this, my new camera is compatible with it too!

besides if chosen, i will take great care of it. i will take it to the finest restaurants in the most exquisite destinations across the globe. we will share cheap wine and have candlelit dinners. long walks on the beach at sunset is mandatory, the lense will know no greater joy or happiness than being owned by me.

i will listen to its complaints about a long day at work, i promise to always avoid it during that time of the month, i will never cheat on it either. when it asks me if it looks fat, i will always say no, even if it does look fat. i will support it when it says "i want to open a hand made jewelry business". i will endure it reciting 50 shades of grey qoutes to me, true blood, and the hunger games movies (all3). i will let it go see magic mike, and pretend its not reverse sexism. i will agree all posters are "pigs" because they licked their chops while looking at pics of it.

as you can see, i would cherish this lense to the utmost, thank you for the offer, and co sideration.

corey
 
I would love to try those lens. I started dslr as a hobby couple weeks ago and I fell in love with it.

Currently I have a body but no lens as I need to sell another body to buy a lens..

I just graduated from college and looking to take some quality pictures and spend quality time with friends and family during our long vacation.

There will be many people wanting to try the lens, but I would love to use the lens to take some life-time memorable photos

Thanks
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
Wow. I did not expect so many responses so fast. I am going to let the thread run a little longer to catch any stragglers. I would say at least until the end of the week, maybe longer if there is continued interest. Thanks everyone for helping make this successful. Again.
 
I sent you a pm since I could use this lens on my D7000 and I only have a 18-105 kit lens. Thanks for offering this to whoever you give this to!
 
Hey Jason,
I do quite a bit of videography, and am just now starting to get into photography. I currently have a video camera with a Brevis 35mm adapter, which allows me to use nikon SLR lenses. I'm buying a DSLR (not a maybe, but definitely am. The money is set aside, I just have to make the purchase now.) In about a week or two, and right now I only have a 50mm 1.8 for my Brevis, and then I'll have the kit lens of the DSLR. The one thing I'm missing for a basic lens kit is a zoom lens. I plan on doing primarily nature photography, so a zoom lens will be pretty important. Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy various lenses right now, because I'm spending my available money on the DSLR. If I receive this lens it will be used frequently for both photography and videography. I'm located in Northern Arkansas right by the lake where there's TONS of wildlife and scenic beauty (and of course for shipping purposes, inside the CONUS. haha)
I look forward to hearing back from you, and thanks for offering a lens to someone in the community. That's really cool of you.
Thanks,
- David​
 
Wait, technically Alaska is in the Continental US, but not in the Continuous US. ;)
 
Just like several people have said, it is awesome that you're donating this lens. Also, I know that there are a lot of deserving people on this thread but I will put my name in the hat as well.

I only recently got a DSLR (December). The working lenses I have are the 18-55mm kit lens that came with my D3100 and a Nikon 1.8 Series E off of my Nikon EM. I had a Kiron 80-200 but recently got rid of it because the aperture blades were seriously screwed up. I am used to manual focus with a lens.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #14
I would like to wrap this up over the weekend and get it shipped out on my day off tuesday so anyone else interested should post soon. Please post on this thread, it will be easier to compare later. You can also PM me since i get alerts to my phone for messages, but not posts. It is also easier to reply to a PM. Alaska will be considered providing the flat rate boxes go there. (For any alaska people interested)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom