Donating another lens. Nikkor AF-D 80-200 f/4.5-5.6 *READ CAREFULLY*

irishguy0224 said:
always nikon gear :(

This is a wonderful thing you are doing. Thumbs up

Im donating a 135mm f/2.8 fuji lens too if that helps you any. Excellent shape with slide out lens hood.

Mr.Pix , I would too , like to "Tip my hat " to you , this is a good thing ,you're doing . ( I don't need or want the lens ) just acknowledging the kind act !

bumping for Friday. I'm off work till Monday. would like to make the final decision over the weekend. still plenty of time left for any stragglers. post message on this thread for consideration, PM as well if you like.

bumping for the weekend..has everyone that wants it chimed in already? starting to look that way...
if there's anyone else interested, better hurry.

I HAZ A CANON 5DEE CAN I GET IN ON THIS LOL?

Good Morning:

I would like to be considered for this lens give away, I have a D40 with the 18-55 lens and would like to get something with a longer focal length to be able to get closer the the wild animals in my area. Like the Black Bear that keeps feeding out of my trash can. Please let me know.

Thanks
James

thanks for the interest! we also had a black bear and a bobcat around our house when we were in mount dora. never managed to get a picture of either though.

i am also interested in this lens! i'm just getting into digital photograhy, but i don't have a DSLR yet. however, i am using a film Nikon FM2 until i do get a DSLR, and i don't have an adequate zoom lens. the one i have zooms very little and is not in very good condition at all. i would be very grateful if i receive this lens, because i would be able to use the manual feature on it on my camera for many more photo oppurtunities, i would learn how to work with having only a few f-stops available, i would have an autofocus lens to use for when i get a DSLR, and i would have another way to learn more about photography and become a better photographer altogether.

i am also interested in this lens! i'm just getting into digital photograhy, but i don't have a DSLR yet. however, i am using a film Nikon FM2 until i do get a DSLR, and i don't have an adequate zoom lens. the one i have zooms very little and is not in very good condition at all. i would be very grateful if i receive this lens, because i would be able to use the manual feature on it on my camera for many more photo oppurtunities, i would learn how to work with having only a few f-stops available, i would have an autofocus lens to use for when i get a DSLR, and i would have another way to learn more about photography and become a better photographer altogether.

I do not discriminate against film users. The lens can go to either a Film OR Digital SLR user, as long as their camera can mount the lens and it is a needed focal length.
not exactly sure where Nowheresville is however, so i can't say for sure that its somewhere i am willing to ship to per my original post. (excluding the Alaska amendment)
what lenses are you currently using on your camera?

Would you consider Canadians if they pay shipping?

even though my wife is Canadian,(from missasauga..misassauga..missua, screw it, just outside Toronto) we would really like to keep this somewhat local. The original idea was that we cover the cost of shipping as well as the donated lens so someone with a real need can get the lens with no cost to them out of pocket. If we say OK to ship it to Canada with you paying shipping, it sets the precedent to go anywhere. We just don't want it to get that complicated. especially when the Nigerian Embassy emails me to say they "need" the lens, and that ive inherited 12 million US Dollars that they are ready to send to my bank account.

You know the nigerian prince too? Awesome, he's a cool dude. MR. Smith Clark was his name. I asked him why he has two last names, and he didn't reply. *shrugs*

pixmedic said:
I do not discriminate against film users. The lens can go to either a Film OR Digital SLR user, as long as their camera can mount the lens and it is a needed focal length.
not exactly sure where Nowheresville is however, so i can't say for sure that its somewhere i am willing to ship to per my original post. (excluding the Alaska amendment)
what lenses are you currently using on your camera?

i put Nowheresville as a joke, i actually live in a town outside of NYC. the lenses i use on my FM2 are a Tamron 90mm f/2.5 MF Tele-Macro lens, which isn't helpful in a lot of situations, and a Nikkor 43-86 f/3.5 MF zoom lens, which as i learned on a shooting expedition with my friends in NYC, is good for really only wide angle shots, because it doesn't zoom enough to be as useful as i hoped it would be.

I don't need it (notice I said need and not want) but I think it's so freaking awesome that you are giving the opportunity to fellow members here. Now if you decide to part with your 85 1.4D or 135DC please consider me first :D

well folks, me and the wife have been looking over all the applicants today, ones that posted to this thread and ones that sent a PM, and as difficult as it was, we have come to a decision. It was a difficult choice, and o hey tyler made for a strong contender, but I was just a tad uncertain of his canon 5D needing this lens. :mrgreen: We did consider 480sparkys method of using a random number generator to choose, but in the end, the desire to make the decision more personalized was overwhelming. we hope that noone is discouraged by our choice from participating in our next lens donation if they need it, But we only had one of these to donate, and so only one person can get it. And so, without further adieu, the Photographer that will be receiving the lens is.....
Ernicus. congratulations Ernicus, we hope that you will make good use of this lens, and that when you replace it with a better version you will re-gift it on this forum. thank you to everyone else as well for helping to make this round of donations a successful and drama free one. :thumbup:
And again, congrats to Ernicus.

Most reactions

Back