Donating another lens. Nikkor AF-D 80-200 f/4.5-5.6 *READ CAREFULLY*

smiley_emoticons_fips_hurra2.gif

Emoticon-HappyJump.gif

chewymf_emoticon_psychoticbacca.gif

dribble.gif

Wow. Awesome sauce. Thanks very much. Considering I am without a zoom, other than the one borrowed that I have to return, this will help me out greatly.

I never plan to leave this site, so as I grow and update my glass, I will most certainly put this one up for donation as you have once I have upgraded.

I promise it will be in good hands in a good home.

Dunno what else to say except thank you. Now that I have my D90 I can AF with it too. Yay!

Once received, I'll update some shots I get using it. ;-)

congrats, Ernicus! :)

Pix.. you rock, dude! :) :thumbup:

It was a difficult choice, and o hey tyler made for a strong contender, but I was just a tad uncertain of his canon 5D needing this lens. :mrgreen:

DAG NABIT! I NEEDED THIS LENS!!!! ;)

Oh well, congrats Ernie, you deserve it.

maybe its too soon, but I posted another lens we are donating. be sure to check it out.

It was a difficult choice, and o hey tyler made for a strong contender, but I was just a tad uncertain of his canon 5D needing this lens. :mrgreen:

I thought of pulling out so you could win...but last time I pulled out your girlfriend hated it. :p

I thought of pulling out so you could win...but last time I pulled out your girlfriend hated it. :p

Yeah, I had the same experience with your mom. Although, she loved it.

guys, at least take this to the thread for the lens i JUST POSTED up for donation so it gets some bumps :hugs:

Yeah, did you pick a winner yet?

oh...wait...

It's me. :)

Yes, he picked a winner...however he has another lens up for grabs so check out his other thread. ;-)

SHOOT! I REALLY wanted that lens.. I only just now found this thread.. not sure I was a member when this thread started ;D But, I'm REALLY loving this forum.. can't wait so see what I'll learn :)

Time to update. I received the lens Saturday morning. Played with it at work a bit but was way too busy to really use it. Took it with me to the fair today. I am really impressed with the quality of this lens. I cannot thank you enough pixmedic for donating this. I won't have the big lens too much longer as I have to return it and this will make a great addition to my arsenal when until I can buy another.

I showed it to my boss and she said "wow...he gave that one to you? That's a great lens. That is what we used to call 'great portrait zoom' back in the day. Actually 'soft portrait zoom', for the soft feel it gives due to it's optics". So I am eager to try it out in the low end on some portraits.

I did not give him a full workout at the fair as there was sooo much going on and I was swapping lenses left and right.

Here are some I shot with it. I did not edit as I wanted to show the lens quality as it is. I did crop some but no editing. I love the colors and the sharpness...especially on the moving targets. It was very quick and accurate. Nowhere near as soft as I had expected.

Flickr set if interested Testing New Lens - a set on Flickr

7714853826_9e90c1ecf6_c.jpg

2 I love the colors in this one.
7714868504_c7b5f0fbdc_c.jpg

3 I love this kids face, cracks me up.
7714863590_429785a25f_c.jpg

4 Closer crop on that funny kid
7714864182_2fffd23fbe_c.jpg

5 Moving targets.
7714862104_afe5460e14_c.jpg

7714856722_819d96051a_c.jpg

7714860302_268d420f71_c.jpg

7714855594_e70581a661_c.jpg

very nice Ernicus! glad the lens made it there OK, and glad it will get some use, even if it isn't the 80-200 f/2.8 you've been used to :mrgreen:
We consider this another successful donation, and hopefully not the last.

Happy to hear it arrived safely and is being enjoyed. LOVE the stop action you got with the dog and owner.

The dog photo was great. Should have posted that one.

Most reactions

Back