Don't know what to do with this picture

I actually like this picture quite a bit,
I played with it a bit more in photoshop, if you don't mind =p
boredom kills me.
http://i54.tinypic.com/6hkj21.jpg

I personally like the powerlines being there,
I feel they give it a bit more interest, while not taking away from the river too much.
-shrug- just my opinion.

In other words, it's beyond saving but could be used for ...........?

Substitue learning experience. I practice all the time, but usually for a reason.... to learn somthing I'm not sure of, to be able to consistantly reproduce the same result, to stretch my boundaries, to become uncomfortable. We all have 'off shots'. That doesn't mean it was taken for naught.

I think 90% of the pictures a photographer takes are going to be off shots, honestly. But I'd rather have 100 off-shots that I had fun with and learned from than a few spectacular lucky ones that required no effort. So while I agree that it's not the best photo, I have no intention of trashing it. It's a personal reminder of progress, which in my opinion, is worth saving.

Also, I like what you've done with the reflection, Kevin. I think extending it further out in that V shape kind of gives the river a more eye-pleasing shape.

River.jpg

Okay, after taking another look at my effort this morning, I realize that there isn't enough blue in the sky to account for the blue in the water. So a simple 30 second adjustment should rectify this.

River-1.jpg

Yup, that's better!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back