What's new

Door #1 or Door #2

Yeah, I didn't like it being on the edge, so the last edit is best, imo. I would replace the red thing in front of the left door. It balances it in a strange way.

OK -- so if I can trouble you to have another look -- what about placement of the blue window? For example I considered up one row and one over to the right.

Joe

I'd prefer it in the same row, four panes to the left. For me, it breaks up the white a little bit on the left, and it creates a diagonal balance between the blue square on top left of the door and the tiny blue squares on the ground at the bottom right of the door.

I wouldn't want the blue square next to a red one.
 
Yeah, I didn't like it being on the edge, so the last edit is best, imo. I would replace the red thing in front of the left door. It balances it in a strange way.

OK -- so if I can trouble you to have another look -- what about placement of the blue window? For example I considered up one row and one over to the right.

Joe

I'd prefer it in the same row, four panes to the left. For me, it breaks up the white a little bit on the left, and it creates a diagonal balance between the blue square on top left of the door and the tiny blue squares on the ground at the bottom right of the door.

I wouldn't want the blue square next to a red one.


OK -- that seems pretty good to me also, thanks. Not going any further however, one of my students said how about two blue windows and this could just get out of control :)

Reminds me of a story: An old farmer once found a discarded cello. He cleaned it and tightened it's one string and in the evenings after work he would sit and play just one note on that one string over and over. It's sound made him happy.

Then one day his wife went to town and happened upon a group of street musicians one of whom was playing a cello. When she got home she described to her husband what she had seen. The cellist had four strings and was moving his hands all over the instrument playing lots of different notes. The old farmer sat for awhile and considered what his wife described and then went back to playing his one note. He said to his wife that the cellist in town must have still be trying to find the right note.

Joe


DSCF4309_d_zpsca513a49.jpg
 
That's an awesome story! :)
 
Are you doing a Rubik's cube?? lol When you move it you lose some of what's interesting about it - the chipped corner, the white paint along the edge of that particular pane of glass.

The tones of the blue and the red seems similar enough that I think that helps make it work against the higher contrast of the black and white. Sometimes I like some asymmetry, something that seems a little off kilter, that can make for some tension.

I'd stick with the original. Go with your instincts when you looked at this and saw a photograph there and took the picture, something made you frame it the way you did.
 
This edit works. I still like the red thing in front of the left door, but even without it balances well.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom