Drex Requesting C&C

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thank you in advance for any help with these photos...

5056_98022754820_508854820_2051552_1700718_n.jpg

4909_96126554820_508854820_2023146_4749643_n.jpg

4642_91624334820_508854820_1948753_7955290_n.jpg

I find #1 and #3 both quite boring, #2 is a neat effect although nothing is really in focus and the colour seems a bit off.

The color issues in #2 is from white balance.

Keeping your main subjects out of the center of your images is good.

The color balance was purposely matched to the color of my friend's car. I agree with #3 being boring. I like #1, it seems like a great place one wouldn't mind sitting down and having a smoke.

I find #1 & #3 boring as well.

While #2 is dramatic, I don't care for the composition.

Were these taken with a P&S camera?

What about #1 and #3 is most boring and what can I do in the future to correct this? What about the composition of #2? How could I improve this to be better in the future?

Well, number 3 is just a tree. Not even a cool looking tree, just kinda a little, ordinary tree - I could see something like that by looking out the window. You could possibly make it interesting with a unique viewpoint, or if it was an interesting tree. But it's just boring, sorry. Also, there is no contrast between the grass and the tree or the other trees in the background.

Thank you fokker. Please don't apologize for critiquing. I'm a big boy, I can handle it. Awesome by the way, that was exactly what I was looking to read. Something I can finally work with. I know my crap sucks, I AM trying to get better, but when the only critiques I get are, its boring, plain, IT SUCKS. Well, doesn't help me much. So thank you fokker and thank yous to all those that actually have something meaningful to say outside of the obvious, my work sucks.

What about #1 and #3 is most boring and what can I do in the future to correct this?
To me, #1 is just a snapshot of leaves...lots of leaves. Sure there is that flare on the left, but it's mostly a distraction and doesn't add anything to the image itself. It's like there is no purpose to this image, it just is. And it looks like you took it from a standing position instead of from a different point-of-view.

What you might try next time is think about why you're taking a picture of leaves and what that means to you and try to convey that in the shot. Take a closeup of one leaf or branch and put the rest out-of-focus so that there is a main subject to look at. Try shooting from different points-of-view. Lay on the ground and shoot up. Climb the tree and shoot down. Shoot the pattern of sunlight and shadows on the ground. Try to visualize the shot before you take it too. Or move around while looking through the viewfinder and see how the image changes and think about how those changes make you feel.

For #3...it's exposed well but it's just a tree...why did you pick this particular tree to shoot? This point-of-view is what anyone walking by would see...a tree from standing eye level. Nothing special about that. Looks like you were walking by and just snapped a pic. Try to shoot from different points-of-view. Be aware of the background. Be aware of the light. Be aware of the shadows. Be aware of the shapes. Be aware of the lines. Be aware of the patterns.
What about the composition of #2? How could I improve this to be better in the future?
Would have been nice to include a little more of the car so that it take up a little more space in the frame. That would also more the convergence point closer to one of the Rule Of Third points to help anchor the image a little better.

Digital Photography Composition Tips

Taking Better Pictures: Composition

Photo Composition - Your Photo As A Story

Good Photo Composition Is Essential

Learn Photo Composition

How To Make A Killer Photo Using 8 Simple Composition Rules

The Golden Section In Photo Composition

How To Improve Your Photography - 5 Easy Tricks

Thank you very much for the much appreciated tips. I will think through more on my next shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back