Duchess the wonder-lump

Mrgiggls

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was the 8th shot taken from my D90 the day I unboxed it. It was July and I had just let Duchess in from the Texas heat, and being the smart dog she is, immediately sprawled out on the cool ceramic floor. I couldn't resist.
Taken with my AF-S 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX.

Duches_b%2526w_web.jpg

Cute! I don't care for the vignetting, though.. too much! Great dog! :)

Well I don't typically go to that extreme on a vignette. In this case it was to cover up some bad shadows in the right of the frame. With most of the right in deep shadow, and the left very light, it made for an awkward image. This seemed the best solution. Adjusting fill lighting in camera raw did funny things to Duchess that I didin't care for.

Love the expression. I agree that the vignette is a bit strong, but, understanding why you've done it, I think maybe if you could adjust the exposure on the fur a bit to brighten that part of the image it would help a lot.

OK you talked me into it. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "adjust the exposure on the fur a bit to brighten that part of the image". I added an Exposure layer and lightened the entire image and then used the eraser tool to fix the bright patch of fur on her back to bring it back down. This is the result:

$Duches_b%u00252526w_web2.jpg

Most reactions

Back