The Lhd one is vertually prestine exceppt for the background, in the original it was against a plain white wall, which just didn't gel. The other I played with. Ernie
Nice exposure and good DOF on the left shot. IMO you should clone out the leaves altogether and have it floating on the black BG.
i find it a bit too documentary but that is just me...
You very subtly "play" with this and yet I see no need for any changes of the first - actually I find you create something nearing a hot spot in the second which is not given in the first. Colours plus the use of light and shadow looks so perfect in the first.
It might be interesting to see the photo without the leaves, such as JonK is suggesting, but I do like them there!
your welcome Ernie, and this first shot is one of the few flower shots I have seen on here where I feel I can actually smell the scent of the rose., just awesome. ( it is a rose right?) gosh, sometimes i feel so dumb!!
it's the one on the left for me too! i love the exposure.. beautifully lit .. nicely done Ernie
agree bout the too tight a crop with JonMikal and also agree about trying it out without the leaves.. anyhow i like it
thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
The left one just rocks Ernie. Love it.!! I agree with Leadsister about the right photo. The glare is a little distracting. Both pics are very well done. :thumbup:
Yes Raymond it's a Rose, Thank you all for giving your time to comment, the second one was just an experiment in Photoshop, to see what happens, I kind of liked the result. Too much free time I suppose. Ernie