Embarassed by Canon

Cant say there is alot of camera advertising here in Australia either (more camera shop ads), but Canon have been flogging the crap out of a 450D commercial recently. Im waiting for Nikon to counter attack.

I saw this on TV the other day. Cringed a little. I don't think it's a proper portrayal of how much thought and love goes into photography. It's not just point and shoot, as the last scene depicted best.

Still, if that's the market they're chasing, it works. Literally that MySpace, female, 8-16 demographic. It screams it.

heh... rebel... with avril lavigne. Cute.

She has that stupid flash up though. :)

^^^ Yeah, but there is that one cool uber second where she is holding it in portrait mode and we can see her other eye between the body and the pop up flash, That is just sooooooooooo cool. I wanna buy one........ errrr, what was she selling by the way?

Oh, Canon..... nevermind.

Wow, that Nikon ad is sooo slutty- LOVE it! :D
And goofy, uber-cute Avril selling Canons? Why not? Got my attention, lol. :lol:

^^^ Yeah, but there is that one cool uber second where she is holding it in portrait mode and we can see her other eye between the body and the pop up flash, That is just sooooooooooo cool. I wanna buy one........ errrr, what was she selling by the way?

Oh, Canon..... nevermind.

hahah... yeah that was 1/2 my reaction...

"Oh cute chick... what's she doing? Oh, camera... Hey, she's cute... What kind of camera is that? Oh, Canon... ew... hey nice blonde hair..."

Ah, I'm a pig AND a Nikon snob. :lol:

Embarrassed? A naked man chasing a goat down the street would not embarrass me, let alone targeting specific demographics to sell mass product.

I might suggest that Art Wolf's series on PBS is at the other end of the spectrum.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out the middle of the scale, AKA 50D.

-Shea

^ I'm gonna be sick.

Yeah, but there is that one cool uber second where she is holding it in portrait mode
What's this "portrait mode" you speak of? Surely, not that ridiculous notion that all portraits are somehow required to be taken with the camera held "vertically", no?

This ad is aimed at the young community :D of which the minority buys DSLRs. I definitely prefer Nikon's ads with Ashton.:)
Just finished watching the second commercial... that pink creeps me out :D

^ I'm gonna be sick.

What's this "portrait mode" you speak of? Surely, not that ridiculous notion that all portraits are somehow required to be taken with the camera held "vertically", no?

i think that has more to do with the orientation of the frame. horizantal = landscape, vertical = portrait. duh.

Hahaha, that Canon ad is awful! Getting Avril Lavigne to market a product? Bleh. And that way it encourages pointless point and shoot for slutty teenage girls. Yes, I know it's bound to be effective etc etc but it's not to my tastes and not good as a DSLR commercial.

That Nikon Coolpix ad was awesome. Very cutting edge and slik. I'm not sure what it has to do with photography, but cool nonetheless.

I didn't even know Leica did adverts but it was a good one.

I swear here in the UK we don't have any camera ads on TV... Admittedly I don't really watch it much but I've still never ever seen a camera ad. Is this a US thing?

Hahaha, that Canon ad is awful! Getting Avril Lavigne to market a product? Bleh. And that way it encourages pointless point and shoot for slutty teenage girls. Yes, I know it's bound to be effective etc etc but it's not to my tastes and not good as a DSLR commercial.

That Nikon Coolpix ad was awesome. Very cutting edge and slik. I'm not sure what it has to do with photography, but cool nonetheless.

I didn't even know Leica did adverts but it was a good one.

I swear here in the UK we don't have any camera ads on TV... Admittedly I don't really watch it much but I've still never ever seen a camera ad. Is this a US thing?
I can only hope that teenage girls snap up DSLR's by the container ship load. The more cameras sold, the stronger the camera companies are, and the more goodies that we can get cheaper! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back