Embarassed by Canon

avril is so hot it doesnt even matter

Its a hobby camera and someone famous is enjoying shooting with it. Why does it embarrass you?

Canon doesnt care about the opinions of DSLR shooters for those kind of commercials... They kinda said with that commercial that, these big cameras, arent just for the pros, they are for fun myspace pics too, come buy one now ;)

You gotta remember, these commercials arent for YOU, they are for the people that dont have a DSLR yet :p

ok. well I am sure she is enjoying the money she makes endorsing it. I still don't get why anyone would be bothered by the commercial. I shoot canon, love in fact. Doesn't bother me. Now if it was saying only losers shoot with canon or that if you own a canon then you are a racist or murder or somthing...then I would TOTALLY be upset. But poser Avril could say she is a pro with her xsi and kit lens and shoots in full auto and charges $1000 to shoot a wedding and it still woudnt bother me.

You people crazy, its simple marketing. Companies will use celebrities to endorse their products; they don't care if a small percentage of people don't like it (even if they are the ones who take photography seriously or what not). And a side note, how the heck does a teenage girl owning a point and shoot make her slutty?:er:

The only person more foolish for buying something based on the endorsement of a Celebrity is someone who listens to the advice of a Celebrity when it comes to Politics and politicians. :lol:

This thread and the Nikon Ashton Kutcher Rant thread ought to be combined. It would be just too funny. :lmao:

Ashton Kutcher

Our luck Canon would end up taking Ashton Kutcher for commercials and Nikon would end up with Maria Sharapova. She is the only reason I watch a Canon commercial and I'm a Canon user. :lol:

Do you know how many people have come into my store and ask "Hey what's that camera Avril Lavigne was using in that commercial?". Guess how many people. It's double digits.

It works on the "unwashed masses" and therefore infuses your favourite camera company with some cash to spend on R&D, which in turn helps all of us "serious photographers" out.

tell them its the 5d and unload a few for top dollar :)

I think it is effective and cute as hell. I get that you do not like Myspace photos but they are selling an image and a feeling. Keep in mind that advertising is all out war. One thing for sure is that Cannon paid through the nose for this ad.

In contrast here is a Nikon ad. YouTube - Stunning Nikon. And yes Nikon owners are that cool.

Love & Bass

If everyone compared the Avril commercials to that Canon would be out of business.

Most reactions

Back