Embaressed

I am not afraid to shoot in public at all. I do tend to stop if alot of people are in the way (in the frame). On my vacation over the summer we stayed the night in the Old Faithful Inn. I waited till it was pretty late and went to the middle of the floor and layed down. Taking pictures looking up. That made a few people stare a little bit. But that didn't bother me.

I also went back really late when just staff was out to take more pictures with a couple flashes. I didn't want to disturb other guests with the flashes. The staff never said a word to me. As I had several tripods and flashes set up. And moving everything around for over an hour.

Back in old times when people didn't understand photography and they thought photographers were stealing souls. It may have been a problem. But now a days at least half the people have a camera of some sort and even if they don't have the desire you may have. I am sure they understand why your taking pictures. Just be ready for the "tourist" comment though. :)

I shot pictures at 2 or 3 different high school volleyball games recently. At first I was a little intimidated, but after shooting a couple of shots I felt fine and I realized nobody was staring at me. There were plenty of other photographers swarming around in there too.

On top of that, I recently found someone else who really loves Photography as well. So now, maybe I'll have someone to go out and shoot with me. :D

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] Most things in life are moments of pleasure and a lifetime of embarrassment; photography is a moment of embarrassment and a lifetime of pleasure. ~Tony Benn

You just have to take the picture and you'll be happy you did
[/FONT]

DeepSpring said:
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] Most things in life are moments of pleasure and a lifetime of embarrassment; photography is a moment of embarrassment and a lifetime of pleasure. ~Tony Benn

You just have to take the picture and you'll be happy you did
[/FONT]

Nice words of motivation. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back