voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm so damn sick of tech support. Obviously the economy sucks and I should be happy to have a secure job... but I don't think I can handle walking another person through copying and pasting... or how to attach a document to an email.

So who else hates their job?

Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!

And my job has been uncertain for almost a year now...and it is STILL just as up in the air as always. Tomorrow could always be the end... :roll:

i've only ever had two jobs and i loved them both. which is strange since they were both in retail.

i've been lucky for the past 5 years. i haven't had to work. not that i had to before either, but... you know. my parents rule. :) so, i'm gonna keep ridin this gravy train till they finally kick me off.

I despise my job. I'm in the process of looking for another one, but it's so hard to schedule interviews and talk to people when you're at work - without making coworkers suspicious. Bleh.

I think you need another slot for "it's just a paycheck"
I don't really hate the job but it'll do until something better comes along.

I used to think this job was just a paycheck. I become more restless with each call it seems. It's like my first job, which was working on an assembly line crossed with the wonders of my call center days as a bill collector. At least with that job when someone was a beotch i could put the verbal smack down on.

My days of tech suppourt are limited. In a month I am out of here. No more. No more stupid end users. No more freaking vendors. I am going to get a nice job as a ditch digger.

Two jobs that stand out the most:

First, my current job in which I am a network firefighter. I help fix major network issues that affect broadband customers. I work for the telco, which I call my Evil Empire. When I have a bad day it affects tens of thousands of customers. I think the record in the past three years was about 140,000 ADSL customers. ADSL customers are not fun, and neither are their ISP's that like to call me up and *****--this ain't good considering I am not suppose to have direct contact with those morons.

Second, a job I had in college was working at a professional photo-finishing lab. I asked & begged for the opportunity to perform custom color printmaking. I offered to work for free. I wasn't looking for a job and that's what got me a job (although they had to keep it legal and they hired me). I learned a lot from working in a totally-dark darkroom and so did my shins. That 'job' went from 10-hours/week to 45-hours/week during a semester I also happen to be taking 22-semester hours of classes. Talk about a walking, grunting zombie.

So, while I currently spend most of my time at my current job doing nothing until the next major disaster strikes, I also in a way miss that color photo-finishing job. Nothing like having access to strobe enlargers that sat on the floor and reached to the ceiling with roll paper and 60"-wide paper processors.

voodoocat said:
I used to think this job was just a paycheck. I become more restless with each call it seems. It's like my first job, which was working on an assembly line crossed with the wonders of my call center days as a bill collector. At least with that job when someone was a beotch i could put the verbal smack down on.

The trick is to find a way out, if only in your mind. If you go into work every day with the thought that: "If anyone crosses me I'm walking!" then you'll find that life will run smoother and chances are you'll never walk because things won't bug you as much.
I used to operate that way until I had a family to support, at that point it all changed because it wasn't just me (about who I didn't and still don't care) but people who I did care about and I ate a lot of sh*t because of that.
Since the divorce I eventually got back into the original frame of mind and now "it's just a paycheck".
There's 40+ years in the workforce behind that piece of philosophy so think about it.

5th said:
Two jobs that stand out the most:

First, my current job in which I am a network firefighter. I help fix major network issues that affect broadband customers. I work for the telco, which I call my Evil Empire. When I have a bad day it affects tens of thousands of customers. I think the record in the past three years was about 140,000 ADSL customers. ADSL customers are not fun, and neither are their ISP's that like to call me up and *****--this ain't good considering I am not suppose to have direct contact with those morons.
Sounds identical to the job I used to work. That has been my favorite job to date. I didn't mind coming in early or staying through lunch or late at that job. I did work in DSL but not for an evil empire. We had RADSL, SDSL and IDSL (I hated IDSL). Sometimes I worked troubleshooting the core network with outages affecting several hundred users... other times it single user connection.

Ahhh.. the days of using my brain.

I'll find out whether or not i still have a job, when i return to work on the 5th of Jan. I havent let it spoil my xmas though, been to p****d to worry about it :D

In response to my own post earlier... I no longer hate my job. As of this morning, I gave my notice and I'm moving on to bigger, better things starting in mid-January. Well, ok, not bigger, but better anyway. :D

oi, the woes of working for IT. Luckily I work from home, 1 minutes walk to the beach, movies and the liquor shop when I get too stressed. But I HATE support with a passion. You get people who know just enough to be dangerous and f*#@ up the system and then you get absolute morons who are a couple beers short of a six pack when they call. argh.

Well, here's to a better and brighter new years for all, there is also hope (and impending danger) that you might actually get what you wish for!

Branna said:
In response to my own post earlier... I no longer hate my job. As of this morning, I gave my notice and I'm moving on to bigger, better things starting in mid-January. Well, ok, not bigger, but better anyway. :D

Good to hear! Hopefully it will work out for you.
A friend of mine did the same thing, he seems alot happier now.

Most reactions

Back