Employment burnout

Are you burnt out at your job?

• Total voters
Ahhh.. the days of using my brain.

Poor Voodoo....a brain is a terrible thing to waste...a mind is a terrible thing to lose. :Joker:

I like what I do as a profession, which is medical practice management - as LONG as I stay in the private sector, it seems. I was working for a large company-owned medical group and the corporate politics and worthless meetings and not really being in charge of anything about drove me mad. I was there for 7 long years, easily 4 longer than I should have been. I stayed out of mental lethargy, bitching about how much I hated it.

So I quit last fall to work for this small private practice that is constantly in danger of going bankrupt. I'm calling all the shots and actually feel like I am using my brain again. It's hectic and exasperating, and I LOVE it there. :D If the place goes under, it'll still be worth having quit the last gig just to clarify things to myself professionally. Hopefully we can keeping dodging the bullets, tho things look grim at the moment.

Branna said:
In response to my own post earlier... I no longer hate my job. As of this morning, I gave my notice and I'm moving on to bigger, better things starting in mid-January. Well, ok, not bigger, but better anyway. :D

Congratulations!
Definitely the right way to start the new year.
Don't forget to wear a sprig of mistletoe on your coat tail on your last day at this place.

Darfion said:
I'll find out whether or not i still have a job, when i return to work on the 5th of Jan. I havent let it spoil my xmas though, been to p****d to worry about it :D

Good attitude!
Since my attitude is similar I guess I must have brought it with me without realising.

mrsid99 said:
Don't forget to wear a sprig of mistletoe on your coat tail on your last day at this place.

Haha! Great idea! I'd love to tell them to kiss my big white arse, but I probably shouldn't. Y'know, good references and all. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back