Engagement Session from 9/19/17. Pic heavy.

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had an engagement session with a fun and goofy couple on the 19th. I really liked the way this session turned out. My new editing style is finding it's groove. There were so many I liked that I had a hard time choosing ones for the post!

Full gallery can be seen here:
Kiel and Alex Engagement

Very nice set, but I have a small issue with posing. Some poses look a bit weird (both looking different ways?) and the girl even tilts her head away from the guy in few shots.
My favourites would be probably #10 and #12. In my opinion they show their love the best. Other shots are clearly posed and not very natural.

Very nice set, but I have a small issue with posing. Some poses look a bit weird (both looking different ways?) and the girl even tilts her head away from the guy in few shots.
My favourites would be probably #10 and #12. In my opinion they show their love the best. Other shots are clearly posed and not very natural.
Thanks for the reply. You're right to notice the posing as this couple was actually very awkward when it came to posing. They are not your typically affectionate couple, so getting the poses I got was a challenge. Nearly every image they had to be talked through the entire pose, so if they look awkward, it's because they were!

Very nice, #9 & 14 are my favorites. Only small ding would be that some of them appear they might benefit from a slight increase in saturation on the skin tones. #14 on my monitor appears the best of the bunch on nice healthy skin tones.

Very nice, #9 & 14 are my favorites. Only small ding would be that some of them appear they might benefit from a slight increase in saturation on the skin tones. #14 on my monitor appears the best of the bunch on nice healthy skin tones.
Thanks for the comments! I find it's a fine balance with skin tones and I tend to fall just on the side of less saturated. Granted, I've made some significant changes to my editing style, so it is still a work in progress.

Nice set; I don't quite 'get' #10, but overall? Well done!
Thanks! #10 was one of those "let's try something different" moments. Some work, some dont.. I was going for more of a silhouette and it was in the parking garage on the way back to the car. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but I liked it.

I find it's a fine balance with skin tones and I tend to fall just on the side of less saturated.

So true, I also noticed the slight red tint to the young man's cheeks, something that a digital image always seems to emphasis. I share that same problem with my granddaughter. :ambivalence:

Color and exposure seem nice and technical. None pop, they seem not exciting and composition could be better. The first with the stairs could use the stairs more. Less use of the side rail and maybe come out a bit further and go straight up the stairs. I often try to squeeze people into the photo and show them but see nice things where the people are much smaller than i would do and it comes out nice using more landscape and background. Likewise the door in number 5 could be used to frame them better which might make a more stylized shot. But very nice overall.

Nice set; I don't quite 'get' #10, but overall? Well done!
The irony of these shoots sometimes is how you never know which ones the clients will really like. #10 turned out to be the one they liked the most and the one they wanted in the larger print!

Color and exposure seem nice and technical. None pop, they seem not exciting and composition could be better. The first with the stairs could use the stairs more. Less use of the side rail and maybe come out a bit further and go straight up the stairs. I often try to squeeze people into the photo and show them but see nice things where the people are much smaller than i would do and it comes out nice using more landscape and background. Likewise the door in number 5 could be used to frame them better which might make a more stylized shot. But very nice overall.
Thanks for the suggestions! Always appreciated!

GOOD set! Wow....somehow I missed this post way back in Sept...nice work. Varied. Fun. Well-processed. GOOD expressions. Authentic.

GOOD set! Wow....somehow I missed this post way back in Sept...nice work. Varied. Fun. Well-processed. GOOD expressions. Authentic.

did you view the full set too? I like many of those better than shared here too!

Nice set!
Thanks!

did you view the full set too? I like many of those better than shared here too!
Thanks Braineack! If you don't mind, which ones from the full set did you like more? I like to hear others perspectives on what they like. It helps me critique myself.

Thanks, Darrel!

39,615 times here it has been D_e_r_r_e_l. On every single post my name is spelled,properly, right there. My grandfather's first name; my dad's middle name; my birth name. It kind of irritates me that I spent time looking at 108 of your pictures on Flickr, and you spell my name incorrectly. I take it as a slap in the face.

Thanks, Darrel!

39,615 times here it has been D_e_r_r_e_l. On every single post my name is spelled,properly, right there. My grandfather's first name; my dad's middle name; my birth name. It kind of irritates me that I spent time looking at 108 of your pictures on Flickr, and you spell my name incorrectly. I take it as a slap in the face.
Sorry about that, Derrel, it certainly wasn't intentional. Typing your name is an automatic thing and I didn't realize I was doing it. Now that I know, I'll be conscious of it in the future.

Most reactions

Back