Engagement Shoot

kylejordan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last Saturday I had the opportunity to do my first engagement shoot. The couple were so fun to work with, we all had a blast enduring the cold ourdoor weather. Here's two of the shots from our session. :)

_DSC5906.jpg

photobooth.jpg

I hope you don't take offense to this: they have a very candid appeal to them. Because, honestly, I think the candid appeal is what makes the shots so good. Technically, they are fine as far as I can tell, but there is that natural look to them that makes them seem like keepsake snapshots. Of course, if I look deeper into it, they are sharp, well-lit, and well-composed. I think you have really great shots here, they are so natural. Good stuff.

I'm not too sure on what you're getting at. :)
The first shot was set up, the 3 together was a candid of them goofing on and showing their personalities.

I think these are brilliantly done. The fun romantic in the first with that translated into a 'photobooth' type look (I honestly mean that as a compliment) in the second works very well.

I think these are brilliantly done. The fun romantic in the first with that translated into a 'photobooth' type look (I honestly mean that as a compliment) in the second works very well.

Photobooth! That's what I was trying to say. Good call, Peanuts.

Yeah, seriously, that look is what makes these shots so good.

The photobooth was the plan. I basicly told them i'm snapping off a shot every 3 seconds and it was up to them to chance poses in that time. It gave the shots a very candid approach.

I love these and think they are really cute, but maybe not for an engagement, I don't even see her ring. lol

good shooting on your part though!

Awe - those are adorable! I like when people are just being themselves - you get the best pics out of them that way. :)

I absolutely love these!

I think these are great...
Not your typical engagement photos but that's a good thing.
I like things that pop and are unique and I love the "photobooth" look, as well.

Nice job!

I think you did a great job.

I can see the ring in the middle shot of the collage, so thats a good thing. So what if you cant see it in every shot. Not a big deal in my opinion.

You portrayed these 2 as a very fun loving romantic couple, and therefore, you hit the mark completely.

My favorite is #1 by far though. Love the perspective and angle on that one. Its well focused and sharp. The vignette works very well in bringing more focus to their faces and showing us their happiness.

Very well done! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

NJ

Most reactions

Back