EOS 5d MK II samples

I rarely know what to make of other's people's shots. The question is how would I shoot a particular situation, and would I be technically pleased with the resulting image.

I rarely know what to make of other's people's shots. The question is how would I shoot a particular situation, and would I be technically pleased with the resulting image.

exactly!

But those images are already much better than the ones Canon posted!

I'm slowly losing the urge to upgrade my camera. The stepup from P&S to DSLR was huge, but except for the high-ISO thing there is really nothing appealing about new cameras, to me anyway.

Actually I don't know what I was really expecting when I clicked that link.

My mom's house has horrible lighting and I usually push my camera to its max 3200 ISO and still don't have enough shutter for little kids running around, seeing this at ISO 25600 and looking as good as my 3200 ISO on my 1D MKII, I think I found a new camera and my 1D will become my backup.

Hrmmm... until people start posting original un-pped files, it is going to be hard to tell how good that camera really is. I can make my D200 pictures easily look that good with a ton of post processing and noise removal. It doesn't make my camera any better though... lol.

I am not comparing a D200 to this camera, BTW, just in case someone was thinking this. ;)

Looking at the DPreview stuff, the D700 has nothing to worry about at this time in the high ISO/low noise wars.

Looking at the DPreview stuff, the D700 has nothing to worry about at this time in the high ISO/low noise wars.

I would hope not since it's essentially the same sensor that Canon released 3 years ago on the first gen 5D...

Everyone keeps skipping over the fact that the D700 is a 12MP FF camera that retails for a few hundred MORE than the 21MP 5DII. It's new and shiny in Nikon's market but that's old news to Canon.

I'm slowly losing the urge to upgrade my camera. The stepup from P&S to DSLR was huge, but except for the high-ISO thing there is really nothing appealing about new cameras, to me anyway.

I'm right with you. I totally don't understand. To me it's obvious that the new cannon is suffering from density issues. IMO, they blew it. While the new images here are sharper and more saturated than the first two that I was so appalled by, they seem almost as "moooshed" - just saturated and sharpened mooosh. :(

Actually I don't know what I was really expecting when I clicked that link.

I was expecting what Canon said I should be expecting: An upgrade to the previous 21MP Canon "with an all new sensor" and scene resolving "on par with MF". That's what they said, that's what I was expecting, and neither is true. Oh well, no biggy... If I go for a camera because it has a full-frame sensor I'll just pick the Sony or the Nikon. I wonder if Oly or Pentax will be doing the FF thing anytime soon?

Canon's video seems to ROCK!

Most reactions

Back