Erosion, and HDR

gordon77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey ppl this is another HDR from the west coast beach called Muriwai, i really like takin pics out there - so calm but so rough lol.

MuriwaiHDR1.jpg

please comment/qritique

a bit dark but again like the last sunset HDR an excellent example due to the less "fantasy" look to it

thanks for the feedback Mesoam/NJ, i think i added a little to much contrast which darkened the image. i have re-edited the first one i posted after i got lightroom and i think it has turned out a bit better. im suprised that no one has noticed the pin cusioning (spelling?) that the 17-85 has when @17mm, its beggining to really bug me!!

I actually really like it and wouldn't do anything differently if it were mine.

Hey, cool picture like how you captured the colors of the sky, like also the detail in the clouds. Nice job...

im suprised that no one has noticed the pin cusioning (spelling?) that the 17-85 has when @17mm, its beggining to really bug me!!

IMHO, in this case it seems to go well with the horizon and that cloud comming in on the diagonal. I think it adds to the over-all impact.

thanks ppl for the positive comments! im glad to know the pin cushioning is ok is in this shot :)

Its barrel distortion, the opposite of pincushion I think.
I kinda like distortion in scenics, especially when it invoves a big lump of cloudy sky that appears to be rushing to the corners.
I like this photo even if it is a bit dark.
Also, is it odd that you go to the trouble of reconstructing the image using HDR, but not straighten the distortion that irks you so..?

haha yeah i suppose i should learn how to correct it since i use this lens so much :) how would one go about it in photoshop?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back