Escalators in a circle (B&W interior)

Love the symmetry and the B&W conversion . Well done

I very much like your photos. They are well done.

Nothing to improve. That's awesome!

They've said it all. Nice job

Super cool, great tones.

Nothing to improve. That's awesome!

Never true.

Any way to grab more details in the shadows?

Yes, I can totally agree with You - there is always something that we can improve in future or in particular case.
You touched sensitive area that I'm struggling with in almost all strong and juicy B&W converted pictures. I'm close to say that in most cases it is a compromise between range of details in dark tones and dynamic and conversion contrast. I like juice B&W photos the most! But I cannot say that it is a best way in most cases. In this particular one I think it is quite good compromise (missing details are irrelevant for the scene - IMO maintaining them could distract viewer's attention from the main motive), but of course I'm aware of the fact that someone can blame me for insufficient details in shadows (it's a matter of taste).
What do You think in this case?

Thank You for all Your comments and suggestions!

I would crop each side to eliminate the vertical edges of the dorrway (elevator?) on the left and the vending machine(?) on the right which would also have the benefit of cropping the circles to make it more dynamic.

Thank You for Your idea.
I don't found it beneficial for the photo because (If I understood correctly) it will exclude black&white circle on the ground which in my opinion is doing the perfect job there.
However I could misunderstood You because on both sides there are just regular shops (no elevators nor vending machines) - maybe You could post a visualization of Your idea?

Most reactions

Back