European or african swallow?

Beautiful shot! Not sure which it is....but I gotta ask. Since it appears to be unladen, what was it's air-speed velocity? :mrgreen::lmao::lmao:

Beautiful shot! Not sure which it is....but I gotta ask. Since it appears to be unladen, what was it's air-speed velocity? :mrgreen::lmao::lmao:
When I first saw this post Title right after he posted it, I thought to myself ... Monty Python ....
instead I saw a great photo of some bird (I know nothing about birds) and a reflection of itself skimming across the water.

No idea on the kind of bird but I know exactly what kind of photo it is. It's the great kind :thumbup:

Okay, so I'm not the only one...

Great shot, but NOT what I was expecting!

You were probably expecting this ...

This is funny every time I watch it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If anything it looks kind of like a barn swallow, but it's almost impossible to tell from this angle. Nice shot though!

Great symmetry! That knocks ever swallow picture I've ever attempted right into the trash can -- well done.

No help with ID, but what a terrific shot.

The obvious question is: "where was it taken?" The European swallow spends much of the year in Africa!

Apart from that, a great shot!

Actually it just enters in the category "birds" for me, the title is just a reference to Monty Python :D

I'm still amazed at the Great bird shot
Makes you wonder what the bird was thinking at that very moment.

What was it taken in - I see concrete walls in front and behind of the water area.

No idea on the bird, but it's a fantastic shot.

Most reactions

Back