Everybody likes art

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When i'm out shooting and jumping in slow motion while in burst mode filling my buffer as i'm falling, i notice people all around me suddenly taking out their cellphones and p&s's and they start to also get infected with the photography bug. And by photography bug i mean: taking pictures. They suddenly start taking pictures of just about everything. Is that a common thing when you are out shooting? Do people suddenly become more interested in photography? Or is it just me and all my gear?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6231/6305574959_9176e1bd8f_z.jpg

:lmao:

Usually they'll just come over and nonchalantly tell me how completely into photography they are. They love to take pictures but they're too cool to actually take pictures lol. Then they'll begin grilling me about my gear. :p

When i'm out shooting and jumping in slow motion while in burst mode filling my buffer as i'm falling, i notice people all around me suddenly taking out their cellphones and p&s's and they start to also get infected with the photography bug. And by photography bug i mean: taking pictures. They suddenly start taking pictures of just about everything. Is that a common thing when you are out shooting? Do people suddenly become more interested in photography? Or is it just me and all my gear?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6231/6305574959_9176e1bd8f_z.jpg

:lmao:

probably trying to get a shot of the crazy person to show police...

All I ever get anymore when out shooting is....."You shoot film?, Film is dead....."..................:roll:

Whenever I'm out with the D7k and some gear, people always try to look at what I'm photographing and "match" my shot. When I'm out with the Yashica TLR lately, people just come up to me and go "Wtf is that??".

Whenever I'm out with the D7k and some gear, people always try to look at what I'm photographing and "match" my shot. .......

This^. When I'm out with the tripod people walking by will try to figure out what I'm taking a picture of, and then try to get the shot themselves with their phone, P&S, Rebel, etc. I remember one night I was trying to get this shot and a man walking by looked at me, looked at what I was getting ready to shoot, and then sent his girlfriend right into the middle of the frame and actually put his camera damn near on my shoulder to try and get the shot. I was not amused.

Handi-capable?
by tltichy, on Flickr

Granted his shot of a smiling GF on the steps likely seems a bit absurd with the wheelchair there. ;)

Whenever I'm out with the D7k and some gear, people always try to look at what I'm photographing and "match" my shot. .......

This^. When I'm out with the tripod people walking by will try to figure out what I'm taking a picture of, and then try to get the shot themselves with their phone, P&S, Rebel, etc. I remember one night I was trying to get this shot and a man walking by looked at me, looked at what I was getting ready to shoot, and then sent his girlfriend right into the middle of the frame and actually put his camera damn near on my shoulder to try and get the shot. I was not amused.

Handi-capable?
by tltichy, on Flickr

Granted his shot of a smiling GF on the steps likely seems a bit absurd with the wheelchair there. ;)

Lovely shot. Did you bring the wheelchair to that location?

I was with a handful of college students on the way home from picking them up at Chick-a-filla. We passed by a beautiful sunset. I grabbed my camera and can't find it in my hiding hole. So reaching Walmart, I can't stand it anymore and asked hubby to stop at the carpark. I told him what I wanted to photograph...OUT CAME all our passengers and took the same photo. And a handful of going to their cars at the time...

Was I annoyed? yes. those people was yapping so much they didn't noticed what I did and suddenly here they are aiming for the shot I saw first.

No, but not many folks around me do it.

Although I did meet a photographer at a spot today. He told me he took all the photos so I left.

A strange thing happens to me. Nice, shiny Hasselblad-something people don't generally see or know about (not trying to be a hipster-it's just a fact), I don't get ANYONE bugging me or doing that. Ever. I'm freaking invisible. Pull out my Tacticool Blacticool Canon 7D, and everyone decides "HEY I'M A PHOTOGRAPHER LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME NOW I TOOK THIS WITH MY TOMATO IT'S BETTER THAN A POTATO BECAUSE IT'S MADE BY APPLE AND HAS LIKE 4 MEGA PIXIES I LIKE TURTLES." Essentially, I like shooting with my Blad because people just leave me alone...

Luckily people just assume I am another tourist and let me be :)

People usually start chatting it up with me. "What are you shooting?" "What kinda camera is that?" "Do you have a biz card?" "Will you come back to my place?" lol Sometimes I end up talking more than shooting. =)
I never noticed other people pulling cameras out.

"HEY I'M A PHOTOGRAPHER LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME NOW I TOOK THIS WITH MY TOMATO IT'S BETTER THAN A POTATO BECAUSE IT'S MADE BY APPLE AND HAS LIKE 4 MEGA PIXIES I LIKE TURTLES."

I think this sums up a solid 80% of the people that come up to me when I'm shooting... I'm a decently nice guy, and I'll be patient... But the things people say sometimes to try and make conversation are really amazing hahaha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back