Vermont Northern Lights - WOW

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just about to go to bed and I checked on my Instagram and somebody made story about the northern lights, I had no idea. So I went outside and checked the sky and my jaw dropped. I was STUNNED. I quickly ran back inside, grabbed the tripod, my camera and my 24-70..even my phone!

I never photographed northern lights before and I been in a photography rut for a while but this definitely woke me up! I have experience photographing the the milky way and so I started from what I knew and quickly released that the settings I would normally use for the stars wouldn't work and made the appropriate changes. The northern lights didn't last long...maybe 30 minutes so I was pretty quick trying to walk all around my yard trying to find the best shots while being half asleep haha.

I am super happy with the photos I got.

Erwin-240510-88347.jpg

Erwin-240510-88358.jpg

Erwin-240510-88360-Edit.jpg

Erwin-240510-88350.jpg

Erwin-240510-88352.jpg

The two photos below were taken using my Google Pixel 8 using astrophotography mode! Crazy!!

Erwin-240510-88369.jpg

Erwin-240510-88368.jpg

Crazy good! You had front row seats.
Thank you!!

It definitely felt good getting out there taking photos of something new. It was a lot of fun and cool to witness.

Fantastic shots, I took a few myself here (UK) last night but nothing as good as these - Will try again tonight! Lovely shots.

Gorgeous work Nerwin! You were very lucky! What a beautiful sight it must have been. :)

Gorgeous work Nerwin! You were very lucky! What a beautiful sight it must have been. :)
Thank you! It was a spectacular sight indeed. I don't think I'll see them tonight, it's quite cloudy unfortunately. But maybe it will clear out later.

I'm not sure we're going to get them this far south, which sucks because seeing them is on my bucket list!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back